Second Wind - a Packard Gasser

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sheetmetal work is lookin good.
Good luck with the knee surgery. I had my left knee replacement done two years ago this January 26th.
The follow up physical therapy is crucial to your recovery.

Good luck with the surgery and recovery! Yes, I know a few people that didn't do the hard recovery work after a hip or knee replacement and have been regretting it ever since.

Thanks guys, it's been a long time coming, one of the reasons I pushed so hard to get the Hercules done. Hoping to recover in a reasonable time so I can bugger off to Arizona before Christmas, that increases my resolve to do all the physio and work hard towards that goal - like a donkey following the carrot on a stick....:D

The Packard now has a shiny new butt...
Not sure where the bumper holes will go yet, a little different than stock, 'cause the frame is not the same as original.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4496.JPG
    IMG_4496.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4495.JPG
    IMG_4495.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4499.JPG
    IMG_4499.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 47
Well, so much for the plans of mice and men,........
Knee surgery scheduled for today got cancelled....:mad: The system is so overloaded, it's not a huge surprise tho...
Now booked for November 28 so that gives me a few days more on the Packard.
But to make lemons from lemonade, I'm going to pick up my buddy next week with his trailer, load up the Hercules and head for Yuma for a couple weeks, try to get some road pix to post. :cool:

When I get ready for something, like your surgery, I like to get it over with. I know it's not the end of the world though.
Have a good time in Yuma

Tubbin' time! Made a cardboard pattern of the wheel opening to make the
back pieces, rolled a couple beads in them and made a slight roll on the edges before tacking the pieces together so they won't have a sharp 90 edge. Sanded down the welds and got the first one fitted and tacked in place.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4500.JPG
    IMG_4500.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4501.JPG
    IMG_4501.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4503.JPG
    IMG_4503.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4504.JPG
    IMG_4504.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4505.JPG
    IMG_4505.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4506.JPG
    IMG_4506.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 55
Got the other tub in and welded them both in place. Moved the trunk bracing to new higher positions to allow for floor panels to get put in. [;)[;) The floppy ol' bod is starting become whole again :cool:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4508.JPG
    IMG_4508.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4507.JPG
    IMG_4507.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4509.JPG
    IMG_4509.JPG