`54/`90 shop truck / bike hauler

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

well that came out fantastic! I would like more pictures of the process if you have them [cl[cl[cl

well that came out fantastic! I would like more pictures of the process if you have them [cl[cl[cl

here`s a shot of the hammer form. The sheet is bolted inbetween and then clamp the lot to a flat surface / welding table.
It is really important to clamp close to where you hammer. the panel will start to rise above the level of the form if you dont.
I used a whole selection of chisels and punches work it down into the form.
and yes, bring lunch and wear ear plugs... :D

Attachments

• IMGP6201.jpg
    IMGP6201.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 34
Well done, Dutch, I was hoping to see your secrets, as I have a tailgate to do, also. When I hired a guy to make me the pattern, I wasn't thinking ahead and I didn't get the negative pieces to use as an anvil.

Attachments

• IMG_1458.jpg
    IMG_1458.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1460.jpg
    IMG_1460.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 29
Well done, Dutch, I was hoping to see your secrets, as I have a tailgate to do, also. When I hired a guy to make me the pattern, I wasn't thinking ahead and I didn't get the negative pieces to use as an anvil.

no secrets here Mac only ignorance :D

You could drill a few holes through both, bolt them up and work around with a blunt chisel or plastic punch or something.

Got the tailgate sheet metal finished today.
hinge is next so it sits level with the top of the bed.

Attachments

• IMGP6202.jpg
    IMGP6202.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 37
  • IMGP6203.jpg
    IMGP6203.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMGP6204.jpg
    IMGP6204.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 39
thanks guys.

I dunno what to call it Mac... [S
I`m pretty sure the owner will use it and looking at previous cars, it will be ratty `nuff within a few months of use [P

[cl[cl Personally, I love the idea of something totally high-end on an otherwise "normal" rat rod. If it leaves the audience scratching their heads, its perfect.

Latest posts

Back