"hey--look @ the new old guy"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grumpyoldman

I've been here almost a month now and just realized I didn't stop by say"HEY--LOOK @ THE NEW OLD GUY"..I guess I'll start at the beginning. It was a cold night in September 1955 when my parent got together and did the Horizontal Tango and then...Wait a minute to far back..

My names George I'm Fifty three(I look it and feel older), and I'm here to gain the knowledge to help my 22 year old son build a 29 plymouth project. We picked this car up for 2900 hundred bucks. Its been sitting in a garage for over 14 years, the engine hasn't run since the early 90's. But today it PURRS like an old cat with a pacemaker.But runs & drives slowly but drives. He can't make up his mind if he wants to build it as a hot rod, rat rod or let it become a lawn ornament.

OK GUYS--here you go PICTURES. The last picture is what he would really like to do with the car, a 29 LIMO.... I tell him everyday---JUST SHOOT ME AND GET IT OVER WITH---That's my son in the one picture. And yes that's an outboard gas tank in the VW.(don't ask)

Attachments

• TruelyNolan.jpg
    TruelyNolan.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 30
  • PIC_0100.jpg
    PIC_0100.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 24
  • PIC_0101.jpg
    PIC_0101.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 14
  • PIC_0106.jpg
    PIC_0106.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Sm 1929 Plymouth LIMO.jpg
    Sm 1929 Plymouth LIMO.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 21
I know you've been here but welcome. I remember in the 70's and early 80's seeing old cars parked on corners with Truly Nolen painted on them as advertisement. I wondered what happened all of them.

OK, Here what I know about the car,It came from around the Daytona beach area of Florida about 17 years ago or so...The fellow I purchased it from said it was running when he got it but it sat for 14 years in his garage untouched, except for him stealing parts from it because he has another 29 Plymouth that he pulls out in the summer to go to car show around our area. This is all i know.
Any help would be helpful...I keep telling my son to leave it original but he want to do something with it..

I have seen those Nolen cars around too. Wonder how that one got out of the herd?

info: Before he could act on his decision, in 1952 Truly contracted polio. After several weeks in an iron lung fighting for his life, he emerged with strengthened resolve to live, prosper, and be happy. Truly battled to recover, then headed west to Tucson, Arizona, to start his pest control business. Now with more than $72 million in annual net revenue and locations across the nation and in 38 countries, Truly Nolen is one of the top ten companies in the $6 billion pest control industry. The company’s distinctive advertising, bright yellow cars fitted with large mouse ears and tails, and over one hundred classic cars emblazoned with the Truly Nolen name all publicize the brand with a sense of innovation and humor that epitomizes Truly himself.

Last edited:
Mouse Cars ???

I never realized that this company was so large....I just thought it was some guy using it to promote his little business....Nothing as large as this, Damn A Beetle Limo with mouse ears, what the heck... you can check out some of there other cars..

http://www.trulynolen.com/Corporate/mouse_car.asp

He's a picture of the side of our car, with the car #.

Attachments

• PIC_0098.jpg
    PIC_0098.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 11
Wow, a Truly Nolan car. They were really big here in Texas & I think they're still around. I'd be pretty tempted to leave that car as is with maybe an engine change. Very cool!

Beercan

Latest posts

Back