"Old School" Drag racer and Rodder

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LB the Car Guy

I never got into the Goodguys "Polish the aluminum lawn chair" type of hot rodding, always preferred real hot rods,not Lincoln Town Cars with a/c, power windows and a 1932 Ford fiberglass body. Raced a 1955 Chevy at the dragstrip at the age of 15 and that started a lifelong addiction to cars. Glad to see a lot of guys going back to the "grass roots" type of drags, in my opinion money and electronics ruined what was a great sport. I may be a "greybeard" but I can still hustle a race car down the 1320 in less then 10 seconds. Really dig "barn finds" and old original drag cars, tons of them being discovered everyday. I just wish a lot of them were left unrestored and in their original condition as found as I find them more interesting that way.

Welcome LB.

I couldn't agree with you more. Money and "technology" have desecrated hotrodding on every level, and ruined most everything I love about them.

Throw the EFI over the fence, and run over the laptop. Give me a carburetor, a vacuum guage and a spark plug wrench.

Hello my name is Jim and I'm a rustaholic :D
Welcome to the site LB glad to have ya [cl
Please post some pics I'm having withdrawals :(

Jim

Latest posts

Back