Not really an ivyleaguer

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where to start ?

And I thought my boys had a lot of projects behind the barn .
here's what my son did with the back half of our 46 ford truck front fenders.
A nose for his 22 dodge lakester

opps pict ? ?

try again

Attachments

• good nose pict.jpg
    good nose pict.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 15
  • planish crane.jpg
    planish crane.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 16
welding

Timothale,

Sons project looks good. I'm a little worried about my lack of welding skills. I guess I'll have plenty of opportunities to practice. [;)

weldidng skills

Any welding classes nearby. A few years ago I was teaching Night classes at a college and had a free night, the same night as a tig class.The fees were less that what I would have spent in my own shop for heat and materials and had some good instruction. . I have a friend that changed careers. learned to weld and worked on the oil fields in N Dakota then started doing exotic stuff for the nuclear industry when the drilling stopped. He said he learned most of what he does by watching Jody on
http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/
over 6o years ago my twin brother and I started building hotrods on the ranch with a buz box AC welder, bench and 7 in portable grinder and Drill and the usual hand tools. dip a 6011 welding rod in water, turn up the amps and poke and push to burn the metal away then finish with a grinder. And we had a big tractor forklift hay stacker to lift engines, bodies etc.

Latest posts

Back