Greetings..

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Rat

New guy from southern indiana(near Louisville) I just bought a '41 Int'l P.U. off craigs list. I plan on a build similar to what Truant has done. He has given me many ideas among other builders on this board. I'm going with an inline GM six cylinder and manual trans. with an 8" Ford rear end. First things first I have to get it home, it's 450 miles away. Planning on a M II front suspension and C notching the rear frame to achive the stance I want. Pretty ugly old truck but it's solid enough to save. Love this site, many great builds on here. Kevin

Attachments

• DSCN0180.jpg
    DSCN0180.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN0163.jpg
    DSCN0163.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Welcome,
look's like a fairly complete truck, assume somebody took of the lft.rear tire to put fresh air in it. keep us posted

I'm keeping the fenders. I'm presently putting together four roller tires/wheels so I can get it up on my trailer. I had the truck delivered to my brother's place in kansas city and I haven't seen it myself yet. He says it's solid with no cancer rust, just surface. I will be going after it during the holidays. I have been perusing this site since I found it and I'm impressed with all the diverse builds and techniques. My job entails me spending long periods of time sitting in hotels so when I come across a build thread with 17, 34 or even more pages I have the time to click through each page. I have built race cars and custom motorcycles but this will be my first old car project. It's like having a new girlfriend. I have a picture of it sitting in a barn in nebraska supposedly since 1966.

Latest posts

Back