Hello from S.E. Okla.....!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a newbie to the rat rod arena. Had muscle cars most of my life but fell in love with the enginering and the idea I could build a car and not have to take out a loan. Also, another site had too much "senior drama" that if you aren't "lingo correct" you get verbally assaulted with other senior members piling on. Thankful for a site where I can ask questions without getting bludgeoned with a "era correct" dictionary. (I hope). I have a 1930 Chrysler truck cab and a 1927 Essex frame (im boxing it) that im starting with. I'm a Mopar guy so the engine is a 318 w/340 heads and I have a brand new turbocharger setup I will eventually add after I get it driveable. Suicide front end, 46 Ford axle and a 8.8 Ford rear. I need all the help I can get!

Welcome to the site :)
Sorry you had to endure all the verbal assaults :mad:
Your safe here from that kind of crap all we do is, give you dirty looks when the use of the hotrod dictionary is misused :eek: beside most of us can't read anyway [ddd
Just to keep you out of trouble we'll get you a list of terminologies :D
Loosen up and enjoy yourself :cool:
Hey, for our sakes post some pics and start a build thread[P

Jim

Ok, here's some pics

Just a few I just snapped. Trying to decide if I want a coil spring rear or a quarter elliptic. I bought the rear end with brackets already set up for 1/4 elliptic. I dont like the lack of clearance.

Attachments

• 2012-03-13 17.21.04.jpg
    2012-03-13 17.21.04.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 2012-03-13 17.18.54.jpg
    2012-03-13 17.18.54.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 2012-03-13 17.18.28.jpg
    2012-03-13 17.18.28.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 2012-03-13 17.17.27.jpg
    2012-03-13 17.17.27.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 21
welcome from Colorado from a Okie from Owasso_OK.MoPar fantic!
Got your head screw on right- MoPar -Right on, keep it MoPar-Right on,
elliptic springs- nice!, Okie hope your a Sooner but if your a Cowboy thats ok too! thanks for pics,[cl

Welcome to the site!!

Where in SE Oklahoma are you? I'm from around the Paris, TX, area but currently on the east coast. A good friend of mine builds rat rods in Paris, there's a guy south of Bonham that's on here, and there's a guy over in the Sherman/Denison area who tinkers on stuff but I don't think he's on the site.

JeremyL, I see the guy in Paris when I go there. He's downtown and builds some nice stuff. Im in Durant. Thanks for the welcome!

Yep, that's him.

Hey, you don't happen to know of a guy named Mike Kelly over around the Durant/Calera/Colbert area? He'd be around 40 or so, used to tinker with Fords & 4 wheel drive stuff mainly. He lived in Paris until the mid late 90s and moved up that way. I lost touch with him quite a few years ago.

Latest posts

Back