Another new from CT

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowazzlt1

Hi all, I'm in central CT. Not a rat owner as of yet, but hopefully a few years down the road I will be. Until then I will be gathering info for a build [cl

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I have a project going now, but it's not a rat. It's an 89 Chevy 1500. Stroker, airbags, too much to list. But I've lost interest in a "show" vehicle. I want something to cruise around in that I'm not afraid to scratch;)

you can have some fun in a rat !!!!:cool: and it is a show car,cause you'll have your own personal car show every where you go:D[dr:confused: and doing it that way you always take first place.......:D

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I have a project going now, but it's not a rat. It's an 89 Chevy 1500. Stroker, airbags, too much to list. But I've lost interest in a "show" vehicle. I want something to cruise around in that I'm not afraid to scratch;)

Welcome to rrr-yea I had way more fun in my 70 vette before i restored it-now it's more or less just a big model.

Welcome! I'm from Northern CT myself - would love to see some pictures and hopefully meet ya!

Welcome! I'm from Northern CT myself - would love to see some pictures and hopefully meet ya!

I have no idea where my pics are of my truck. I'll have to find out where I backed up my old computer files:) I don't know if I'm supposed to be posting pics of a newer vehicle here, and I'm not going to link to another forum unless I get approval from the mods here. I will be down to meet up once I get rolling on a new project. I want to get my shop cleaned out and organized before I do anything:D

you can have some fun in a rat !!!!:cool: and it is a show car,cause you'll have your own personal car show every where you go:D[dr:confused: and doing it that way you always take first place.......:D
True! I know that I always stop and admire a nice ride when I see one[cl

I have no idea where my pics are of my truck. I'll have to find out where I backed up my old computer files:) I don't know if I'm supposed to be posting pics of a newer vehicle here, and I'm not going to link to another forum unless I get approval from the mods here. I will be down to meet up once I get rolling on a new project. I want to get my shop cleaned out and organized before I do anything:D

Well if you're anywhere near Enfield area and need a hand or would like to loan a hand on my project I'd love to help! I have some things I cannot do :( like weld lol (no welder)

Well if you're anywhere near Enfield area and need a hand or would like to loan a hand on my project I'd love to help! I have some things I cannot do :( like weld lol (no welder)

I'll let u know when I get a project going and we will meet up. [;) in the mean time, save for a 220v welder. I have a 110 that I got a good price on as part of a package years ago, but I didn't trust it for the frame work I did on my truck, so I ended up trading some truck parts for welding work. A 110 is fine for most body work, but I personally don't like it for over 1/4" thick metal. If you get a 220 welder up front, you will never have to worry like I did. If you can't wait to start welding, get a cheap flux core 110 unit over at harbor freight in Vernon, and practice your tecnique out on some scraps. Once you can afford to get a better unit and a bottle of 80/20 ( I think that's what mine is) you will enjoy it that much more. Check out the tie rods swap meets a few times a year at stafford speedway for good "bargains" on welded. Just have someone with you who knows what to look for in a used machine. :D

Latest posts

Back