Mad Canadian new to the forum

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello gents, 30-something gear head with more ideas than time. Have a pretty cool '29 Model A that I...cough cough, bought as a runner. It's getting a little TLC and some detail work this winter to make it my own. But the real project that has been in my head for a while is a crew cab short box Cummins powered pick up.

That's why I'm here,

WhatwasIthinking

No pics just yet, all this is trapped in my head.

Originally I was all hot on my "RatstoMod" idea, and I was going to build this killer 5.9 Cummins and a ProStreet type frame with all the fancy stuff like you'd see from Art Morrison or something. I called them, and the guys scoffed at my idea, saying even the good spindles they used would be crippled under the 1000#-plus of the 'ole inline-six 5.9.

I have a 93 2500 Dodge, ext. cab, long box, 2wd, automatic, it was to be the donor for my project. Engine, Trans & Rear end, with the drive shaft coming along after being trimmed to suit whatever wheelbase I decided would fit the crew-cab short box dimensions that would come

I have since decided to utelize the frame from the 2500 to some extent, still going to strip it down to the rails and hack off any unnecessary luxuries, but will at least use the major portions aside from the rear suspension where I'll go with a trick-ish 4-bar or something.

I could use a couple Fargo trucks tho, 40's-ish, need one that'd be complete and the second cab and doors only. Glass would be great, but I'm only hopefull. I think even if the second cab was from a different body style, I think it'd be neat to have the differences grafted together. Buckshot at 30-yards in the door or fender is optional, but will be installed at a later date by my 8-year old who is commited to shoot it up for me with her 20ga.

Any thoughts on this?

Welcome to RRR! What are you thinking for that crew cab? Build your own?

Thinking about taking two late-30s early 40s Fargo/Dodge trucks and hacking off the back of the cab and then swapping the doors from a donor cab left to right and have them open suicide. It'll be a bit of fooling around to get the center post sorted, but shouldn't be the end of the world. I considered using the center post and hinges and stuff out of an old 3+3 GMC or Chevy cab, and trying to hang the old doors on it, but I've backed up a bit on that idea.

We have such rediculous laws in Manitoba about fenders, chops, and modifications in general, I have to keep reevaluating my ideas as I talk to different guys in the hot rod community here.

The big part of this for me, is a dandy built-up 12-valve, that I can cruise for ice cream with the six of us in one vehicle, and with a crazy slash-cut side dump exhaust I should have no problem blacking out the odd right hand drive tuner car. :)

Welcome to the RRR!!!

Nice to have Can Ahy Di An on the site...Ahy!! I think all the meds are taking their troll.....ah toll....oh you know what I mean......:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back