New Guy From Iowa

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick50471

Hello everyone. Seems like a nice forum. I'm looking for ideas, tips and tricks for my 52 Chevy COE build. I've already seen a few similar builds.

I'm new to ratrods but not the sickness. I've built a few Jeeps, Broncos and a sleeper for my dad. I help a buddy at the track with his drag car. My family often vacations in Moab.

I'm an electrical engineer by trade. Served in the USN aboard submarines. Currently working for Hammond Roto Finish. We build finishing equipment of all kinds.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Welcome from lower Alabama . My rat is in the corner for now .. collecting parts and $ $ But we all love to follow others by the pictures they post . so if ya got =em post them .. we'ed love to see them .. [P[P[P

I got this 1952 Chevy COE from my grandfather. The truck was built May 20th 1952. He bought it July 31st 1957. He passed away in June of this year and I inherited this truck and a small farm.

nick welcome to rrr, from bama. i'm a plank owner to the frank cable as40. i was in charleston s.c. with her and now she is in guam.

Nice. I was stationed in Charleston also aboard the Woodrow Wilson and Simon Bolivar.

seems like i remember the name woodrow wilson but not the ship, i don't remember the other. but wasn't the wilson at the we weapons station up river from the naval base? we had fast attacks.

seems like i remember the name woodrow wilson but not the ship, i don't remember the other. but wasn't the wilson at the we weapons station up river from the naval base? we had fast attacks.

The Wilson was originally a ballistic missile boat but was converted to a spec ops boat later. The Bolivar was always a boomer. The boomers stationed in Charleston would spend most of the time in Kings Bay, GA.

i can't remember the tenders name there but i used to watch the boomers go in and out. they where a lot bigger then ours. we did have the last diesel electric (bonefish) in our group then i heard it burnt off the coast of florida killing 3 sailors. i heard they decommed her then and sold for scarp.

Latest posts

Back