Crazy stuff on Craig's List, eBay etc!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always liked '56 Ford cars, ever since I had one in highschool. So one day recently a friend phoned me and said this was on Kijiji, for sale.
I really liked it, V-8, two door hardtop, standard transmission with overdrive, and it's all black, what's not to like? Well, it was a long ways away, down near the Canada / US border, almost a thousand miles away.

Attachments

• IMG_0174.jpg
    IMG_0174.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0175.jpg
    IMG_0175.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 35
I had to go check this car out. It looked good in the pictures. Well, it was a little better in person, and the seller was a decent guy who liked to visit.
So, here's the same car in front of my house instead of his house.

Attachments

• IMG_2520.jpg
    IMG_2520.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2521.jpg
    IMG_2521.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 36
Thank you Guys. I quite like it myself.
Ya Bama, it has a 292 Y-block with Thunderbird tappet covers and little signs on the side. Most of the ones I've seen were two tone, also. I could have lived with a two tone one as long as it was black and something.
Sno-pro, I stopped in Radium on the first night of my trek, and discovered two things; one, they had torn up the main drag through town so it was under construction with orange posts everywhere to navigate past in the dark, no street lights and no lit signage on the buildings, very little parking for trucks with trailers, [a very frustrating time], and two, there isn't going to be the Radium car show this week-end.
The frustrating evening in Radium and catching a muffler clamp on my trailer deck and pulling apart an exhaust connection, were the only two downers in the whole three days of the 'road trip'. This is the way to have a car adventure.
Thank you for having similar tastes to me, guys.

Thank you Guys. I quite like it myself.
Ya Bama, it has a 292 Y-block with Thunderbird tappet covers and little signs on the side. Most of the ones I've seen were two tone, also. I could have lived with a two tone one as long as it was black and something.
Sno-pro, I stopped in Radium on the first night of my trek, and discovered two things; one, they had torn up the main drag through town so it was under construction with orange posts everywhere to navigate past in the dark, no street lights and no lit signage on the buildings, very little parking for trucks with trailers, [a very frustrating time], and two, there isn't going to be the Radium car show this week-end.
The frustrating evening in Radium and catching a muffler clamp on my trailer deck and pulling apart an exhaust connection, were the only two downers in the whole three days of the 'road trip'. This is the way to have a car adventure.
Thank you for having similar tastes to me, guys.

Hey Mac, I didn't know about the construction but we didn't go this year because of the cancellation and some other concerns. I see now on their webcams they made the 4-way stop a traffic circle... Interesting.

I miss the Radium weekend, it's the highlight of the car show season for me.

Too bad the construction was frustrating but glad you made it safely. Sounds like you took the scenic route 😁

Great score Mac.:D [cl :cool: :cool:
I have a soft spot for the 56's as I drove a 56 Mercury Montclair as my High school car.
2 door hard top. Black with a black pleated custom interior. 312 Y block."Merc-O Matic" trans.
Just one of the many that I never should have sold.
Enjoy driving it.:D :D :D
Torchie

Essex

They want a lot for the little stuff and only $300 for the "yard art" [S
I would guess they are not builders. :p
Your looking at a fun project [cl

Latest posts

Back