1936 Packard

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saw this thread pop up and got excited. thought there was an update.

I believe the term is "hoodwinked". :mad:

I just got back from a week in Antigua and met some folks that made me think of this build. Bunch of folks from above Toronto were staying in cabins on the beach for 3-4 months at a time. One guy actually has a bunch of antique Harley's. Don't blame any of you a bit!

Snowbirds: Here's a good reason to leave the country with two paper bags over your head...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5hm5p5fyQI&feature=kp

Foolishness aside, we look forward to your return zz. (I reserved a gallon of black in your name. :D)

After checking on the weather at home (jeez, March and still snowing :eek:), I'm feeling a little guilty about whining over the few sprinkles of rain we had yesterday (first precip since December..). Visited friends in Lake Havasu last week and really got the hot rod itch going - so many nice rides there and on the road every day - the good life for sure....[dr

I have a friend Bob Craver, that winters at Lake Havafew [ddd
I do the same if I had the money :cool:
See on the flip side [P

After checking on the weather at home (jeez, March and still snowing :eek:), I'm feeling a little guilty about whining over the few sprinkles of rain we had yesterday (first precip since December..). Visited friends in Lake Havasu last week and really got the hot rod itch going - so many nice rides there and on the road every day - the good life for sure....[dr

A co-worker was vacationing in Lake Havasu a couple weeks ago and said he went to a Rockabilly car show the one weekend, and there are cruise-ins every week. We're currently -22°C, but +9°C by Saturday! I have the hot rod itch but it's still winter here... :(

I don't know where you stay here in az, but up in cave creek we had more than a few drops, nice marble sized hail and flowing floods haha

didn't know you sold your caddy[dr where is the car now??? didn't want to post on that build since its been awhile haha. by the way you do some awesome work!

Cant wait to see more progress on this build ...........................[P

Me too !! Picked up some exhaust parts the other day - electric cutouts and some SS pipe to make lakes style megaphone pipes to fit into an opening in the hood sides where it would have originally had grille/vents.

didn't know you sold your caddy[dr where is the car now??? didn't want to post on that build since its been awhile haha. by the way you do some awesome work!

The 34 Caddy is in the Vancouver B.C. area now.

Me too !! Picked up some exhaust parts the other day - electric cutouts and some SS pipe to make lakes style megaphone pipes to fit into an opening in the hood sides where it would have originally had grille/vents.

Thats going to look bad a**, cant wait to see those come together. As usual im sure youll make the fab work look super easy. [cl

-Chris

Hi ZZ, I'm pretty sure you're represented in Canadian Hotrods, again. The Caddie is on page 30. Terry Denomme says that the builder is a media dodger or something like that. You can make even a GM product look good.
Keep on tinkering.

Home again, time to breathe some life back into the Packard. It's been shoved into the corner like this since December so the everyday car could stay in out of the snow - spring has sprung so it's out the door.
Got a few household projects to knock off then I'll spark up the welder again [;).

Attachments

• DSC02004.jpg
    DSC02004.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC02005.jpg
    DSC02005.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 121
OK, a little progress....
Booted the Hyundai out of my garage and got the Packard out of its corner and up on wheels again. Bolted on the Lokar 23" shifter I picked up while on hiatus, it looks right at home. Now I can start fabbing the floor panels.

Attachments

• DSC02007.jpg
    DSC02007.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC02008.jpg
    DSC02008.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC02006.jpg
    DSC02006.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 121
First couple pieces of the floor tacked in, I'm using 16 ga. for the flat parts, less prone to 'oilcanning'. Harder to cut it but easier to weld.

Attachments

• DSC02010.jpg
    DSC02010.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC02011.jpg
    DSC02011.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC02012.jpg
    DSC02012.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 110

Latest posts

Back