Rat Rod Magazine.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
Thumbed through one in the grocery store. More like Bizzaro Cartoon rod. Weird, weird stuff. But then I remember when I was a kid there was nonfunctional weird crap like the Druid Princess.

That kind of stuff is what gives us a bad name. :( The "cartoon" cars, re-bar and saw blades, fertilizer spreaders, etc. Goofy stuff that is more art than car.:eek:

magnet in a junk yard.

I was at a local car show and heard a guy say "it looks like the guy drug a big magnet thru a junk yard and welded on what he found, and they are CRAPPY welds."My sons have been gathering parts and plan on building :traditional 40's style hot rods, not a lot of money, get it running first, paint and upholstery later. . My son e-mailed a pict of my father and uncles from the teens or early 20's. I wish I had a pict of the olds powered 31 chrylser my brother and I built in the 50's
pict is of :\"the yellow Bug" a modified Model T Ford, custon speedster body , wire wheels that looked like they came off a motorcycle.

Attachments

• hale speedster.jpg
    hale speedster.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 36
Thumbed through one in the grocery store. More like Bizzaro Cartoon rod. Weird, weird stuff. But then I remember when I was a kid there was nonfunctional weird crap like the Druid Princess.

I noticed the same thing myself. Seems they took a detour lately! :eek:

BF

thanks ta ya`ll

I was just minutes away from call them and getting a subscription. Changed my mind. Why ??? ya know!

In another post some time back I inquired about this mag. I got conflicting comments on it. I held off on subscribe. Reason, ?? mentions of bimbo`s. To me if I want to see bimbo`s I`ll get a skin mag.

Don`t get me wrong I do like the wimmen`s yes I do. I also understand bimbo`s go along with the old rods.

My use of bimbo is not intended to be a put down. A reference of wimmens of an earlier time. High heels and bimbo`s to me are a definite turn off.

Well, ya might enjoy it. The cars are just over the top wacked out art, barely even cars, surely not roadworthy. It's like a whole new genre spawning before your eyes. To be fair, there is some pretty amazing fabrication, like looking at one of those twisted junk metal sculptures. Not just your typical"hang everything sharp, goofy or farm machinery stuff on it that you can find".

I have seen many of the cars personally. The mag is made in Minnesota and there is a large contingent of rat rods here. I'll bet none of you have driven your cars to Las Vegas or to St. Louis or New Olreans and back like these guys have. As for bimbos, all the models are more fully dressed than what you see on the street now days.

Take a look at videos of St. Louis Steelfest or the Rat Rod Magazine Tour. These guys are having fun. Are you having as much fun or are you just jealous?

I don't care for accessorizing my cars with with geegaws or doodads but I don't fault people that enjoy that style either.

How many car magazines have column written by a pastor?

Never thought I'd see the day when RRR members became elitists.

I think maybe I'll be moving on...

If it's the same guys who started it, they showed up here to shoot a couple of my friends cars, about second or third issue, in a rusted out Puegot.
No doubt some of the cars in the issue are roadworthy but there are a couple in there that I doubt have ever been very far. The one truck with the bottom half of the cab cut off could only be driven by some one 4 feet tall or less. And no, I've never driven mine across country but does that mean I have no right to like or dislike a certain car or trend?

I like the magazine and support it. I give them credit for contributing to our community with down to earth dialogue and lots of pictures of rat rods. Like bob w mentioned they don't just talk about rat rods, they do the tours and events that not everyone can. To each their own though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back