Newbie from deep down south!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DixieDuo

Hello everyone! First let me say that I am new to the hot rod/rat rod community. I have been in the monster 4x4 world for a few years now and have decided to switch gears. Instead of trying to touch the clouds I want to build a rod that is low,lean,fast and most of all mean. I currently own a 95' Jeep on 42'' tires. Be nice guys I have come around and will be building and owning a rod that will make you proud. Now if I can just find a great starting point. Living in central Florida and seeing rods every weekend in Orlando/Kissimmee at 'OldTown' finally brought me to my senses. Hope to make some friends and chat with everyone. [ddev

I went to OLD TOWN once a long time ago , I bet that is a cool setting for a cruise or just a bunch of hot rods hanging out . Welcome to RRR !

Welcome!!!

Duo,
Welcome to the area close to the ground!!! Good luck on findin' a project & keep us posted!

BoB

Gregster,,,Man they have a car show every Saturday night for pre-72's. Friday nights are the new guys. As long as the weather isn't horrible they are there. I have seen 300+ on a Saturday. Whats cool is I have heard its a lottery type deal where even the primers have a chance to win best of show for the night. I will get some photos.
To everyone else,,thank you for the welcomes and hellos. As for the 4x4 thing unfortunatly it wasn't my choice to ''step'' down. Thats what happens when a lady uses your truck as a brake for her grand marque.:mad:
Oh well on to new things,,,lets ride!

Welcome. There's nothing wrong with big Jeeps i've owned a bunch of em! Good luck on finding a project and keep us posted on what you get.

I still have lots of 4x4s, and some on big meats. But I hot rod with the best of them.
Low fast and mean is tons of fun. Welcome to the site.

If you happen to click on my public profile you can see my Jeep. 42" IROKS makes it tough to get in and out of when you have bolts and bars in your lower back. Takes me a minute but I can do it. We call it 'Frankie" because the only thing thats real jeep is body,motor, and tranny/transfer. Rusty fenders and drive train helps too. Only shiney spot is where my club logos go!
I am looking for a 30's rat truck or 50's big body. Im not a rich man but do have a little in my pocket waiting to be spent. Any help would be great!! Thanks.

dixie jeeper

Hey Dixie

Nothing wrong with having and old jeep rat....do some internet surfing..there are a few guys on here with old willys trucks..doesnt have to be down in the dirt to be a rat...i have 53 chevy (gonna be in the weeds) truck and a 60 willys truck. one is up in the air one is not...i consider them both rats...maybe look for an old cj2 or cj3 and do something like that...either way..the most importnat thing is to have fun with them...:)

Last edited:
Welcome from a Newbie from the south too. I'm branching out from the 4x4 stuff also. Gettin ready to start my first rat. I'm lookin forward to getting a picture of my rat parked under our Yota on 46's

i bet you do need one in the winters with the snow! We lived in Indy for a bit and the jeep in the snow was awesome.

Latest posts

Back