greetings from Vegas!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertRAT702

[P...so first off, if u cant tell, im from Las Vegas, NV.

I grew up around hot rods and such since a tiny baby, but since about the time i was able to drive, ive only driven and built imports (mainly hondas). But it seems as tho i cant fight fate, and have given in to my natural urges to build something "different". Now working for Rusty Nutz Rods and Customs, i've been given that chance.

Today is January 16, 2010. At 10am tomorrow, i pick up my project. a 1933 ford truck cab. By "definition" a rat rod is basically a low budget hot rot built using parts lying around the shop or aquired from pals. I'm basing my build on these lines. Not relying on ebay or other outside sources. (but seems i may have to just for the grill shell). as of tomorrow ill have my cab, frame from a 33, 94 mustang 5.0 engine and trans (yes im keeping it fuel injected!) 39ish front end and suspension, big disk brake conversion for all 4 corners, mark VIII rear subframe with super coupe rear end, mark VIII air bags in rear, and a few other goodies lying around the shop.

My goal is to have the truck finished and driving for VIVA LAS VEGAS 13, wich begins April 1st! can it be done? we will find out. i'll be documenting the build weekly. any and all comments are greatly appreciated. i'll post pics tomorrow of the cab so we can all start drooling together! [dr LOL

Look forward to hearing from everyone, and hopefully seeing some of u at VLV13!

~Will [ddd

Hooray! got the cab, and the guy threw in a seat frame for free! LOL here u can see the cab before i picked it up. as u can see there is a twin to match my cab, tho its a '34 and mines a '33. the '34 is in really good shape tho. I was going to take that one, but decided to use the extra money on other things, and just try to bang the doors out myself since they arent terrible.

S7300885.jpg

here we are all loaded up! please note the fone number on the back of the truck, feel free to come say hi if u r ever in Vegas!

S7300889.jpg

so thats it, hope u all like it as much as i do. any ideas, suggestion, input, etc, is greatly appreciated! I'm hoping to have the top off tomorrow as well as chopping down the windsheild. The plan is to go completely topless on this, so if anyone wants a really nice cab top, let me know! ;)(tho im using the visor).

Thanx for looking! :D

oh. the only thing im having trouble finding is a bed. i really only need about 3 1/2 feet of bed. so if anyone knows of any, please let me know. i'd like to go with a somewhat original bed, but i have no problem building one if i can atleast find an original tail gate.

Wow,looks like a clean old cab you got there.What's up with all that other old iron? That 5-window looked SWEET![dr What else is there?

thanx! oh man! that guy has so much stuff! and pretty decent prices. i have pix of pretty much everything he has. cant disclose the info tho, im greedy! BWAHAHAHAHA!

i wanna say the 5window is a 42?? not too sure, tho my Boss is going crazy for it. i think its going to be his next project! :)

Welcome to the site. Well, you've gone and done it now. Things will never be the same. Congratulations! Yes, it can be done pretty easy. Maybe we will see you there, have fun!

thank u, thank u! so with the rain and work load this week i have been unable to do anything to the rat. altho i did make an awesome cup holder for it today! woohoo! LOL ill try and post pics of it tomorrow.

I was planning on running the mark VIII rear subframe with tbird super coupe rearend. but ive been hearing that the ford explorer 8.8" rear is a better option. any thoughts on this? i also have a really clean banjo rearend just chilling at work i can use, but will it hold the power of the 5.0?

i really wana get it rolling by the first week of february. so i need to get my game plan totally figured out asap. let me know what u guys think! :D

Latest posts

Back