new guy from CNY

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratty34

Hi, I am new to the rat rod scene. I have done years as an auto tech. My first build is a 34 Chevy 5 window coupe. It has lost the roof and will be done as a roadster. It has a 40 ford front end with split wishbones and a transverse spring. Manual rack and pinion mounted to the axle to help stop bump steer. A 1970 Ford 429 with small chamber DOVE C heads and aftermarket cam. A C6 auto with a firm shift kit and a 12 bolt Chevy posi with 4:11s. When done it should weigh about 2500lbs. I hope it will have enough power[ddev This is turning out to be fun. I like the creativity we have with the rats over the traditional builds, It's like anything goes with these. I am learning a lot reading the forums thanks for the info, there are some smart and skilled people on here.

welcome to the rrr! i can't believe that you haven't heard it yet.......
......um....ya know.....it's just that......well....we want to see pics:D
after all a 429 rat is def. worth looking at![dr[P

Welcome aboard. Rome NY here. I run a fab. shop, If ya need any help let me know.

You may have seen my truck around. Oh Yeah, for you Syracuse Nats. guys, I took the "worst rat rod" award this past summer.

Attachments

• 100_1268.jpg
    100_1268.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 5
pics

Thanks for the warm welcomes. Hillbilly I may hit you up when it comes floor board time:D. For those interested pics are in the build forum under 34 chevy 5 window roadster.

Welcome from the capital area of new york state, these guys have a ton of knowledge and they arent afraid to share. I dont know about you but shiney old cars are no wheres near as fun as rusty old stuff. If it is old it should look old...:)

Latest posts

Back