Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually like the treatment in pic #3 It's simple looks classy, and is different than most customs. [P And Happy Anniversary!

Thanks animal. the older you get, the quieter the birthdays and anniversaries seem to get. LOl
#3 would be about the easiest. I would even consider painting the block in the middle the body color. I'm trying to stay away from the "Mouth full of teeth/botox lips" look..[ddd
Still thinking.....
Torchie

Fun stuff Torchie. I like where you're going with this. I'm thinking unique design with hint or some mopar evident. As much as I like the 53 Chev and 46-47 Olds grill...unique is the theme of this most awesome build :D

Thanks Burgerman. They have been building customs for so long now it's getting hard to come up with something original that doesn't look like a cartoon car.( No offense to anyone).
I found one of these for sale near me.
A 1949 Olds Grill. Could work but they want $600 for it. A good price considering that it has been triple plated but a bit out of my beer budget.:D
Thanks for looking in....
Torchie

Attachments

• 1949_Oldsmobile_98.jpg
    1949_Oldsmobile_98.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 15
Thanks OI
I’m looking for a 49-50 DeSoto dash as I like the way that they look better then the Dodge and it should be a bolt in.
I’ve looked at a lot of grills and I would like to keep it in the mopar family Burgerman.
Just not the DeSoto teeth type
Torchie

I wonder if that 50 piece wouldn't just be a straight bolt in on your 49? They look a lot alike to me.

Should be pretty close Bama. But with the section job the holes might not line up. No big deal as I know how to make holes....[ddd
49 and 50 sheet metal is the same. Different trim and tail lights.
Torchie

The quest continues....
Here is a grill from a 1955 Plymouth that might work. There is a thread over on the hamb about a 50 Chevy custom that is using a 55 Plymouth grill which doesn't look too bad. The 50 Chevy front end is close in shape and design to my Dodge. The grill has been narrowed.
They are also using it in conjunction with the stock upper chrome piece that has been painted the body color. (2nd photo courtesy of somebody over on the hamb site.)
If you study customs from way back you will notice that the trend was to use newer parts on older cars to somewhat update them to more current styling. So a 1950 would use a grill from say 54 or 55 depending on when it was built.
This is just a rule of thumb as some used earlier models or had totally custom grills, which may be easier given the scarcity and price of the original stuff theses day.:eek:
Have a Great Sunday everyone....
Torchie

Attachments

• 1955-plymouth-plaza-1-DBHPGG.jpg
    1955-plymouth-plaza-1-DBHPGG.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 1950 chevy 5.jpg
    1950 chevy 5.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 23
Thanks OI
I’m looking for a 49-50 DeSoto dash as I like the way that they look better then the Dodge and it should be a bolt in.
I’ve looked at a lot of grills and I would like to keep it in the mopar family Burgerman.
Just not the DeSoto teeth type
Torchie

I like that. There are enough toothless '53 DeSotos around already (having sacrificed theirs for some other make). :rolleyes:

I was here Friday evening for a short while, no time to start a photochop- chop...

Question: How much did you section the fenders?

3 inches good Dr.
Just like the rest of the car.[ddd :D :cool:
Sorry I didn't see this sooner but we were out foir our anniversary and my phone doesn't always work.
Torchie

Latest posts

Back