Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would appear that consensus between you guys and the Custom Car Chronicle site is to go with the stock and figure out a way to liven it up. Perhaps tu-tone and custom knobs.
Here's something else.....
This picture was posted on the CCC by a person from Germany.
It's my custom Dodge(Finished of course.[ddd) photo shopped in front of the Griffith's Park Observatory.
How cool is that. Looks just like it came out of one of the 1950's custom car magazines.:cool: :cool: :cool:
Still has the stock grill and headlight rings even.Now people are going to think that I'm making a copy of this one instead of a "Torchie" original.:eek: [ddd:D
Isn't technology amazing.:eek:
Keep on keeping on......
Torchie
p.s. Photo courtesy of Michu from Germany.

Attachments

• e325dafcwyfgsha37huruaupa48uidgm.jpg
    e325dafcwyfgsha37huruaupa48uidgm.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 42
That looks likes really good photo shopping [cl

Torchie no matter who says what, we'll all know it's all yours [;):eek:

Have a really good winter :D

Those deserve to be shown bigger! :D I think I prefer without skirts personnally, but wow what a good job photoshopping. I like it. I'm partial to door handles personally, and would maybe want to get the front bumper closer but section the ends so that it tucks closer but ends at the same point. It looks great the way it is in the photos though. I really want to see you finish this one [;)[cl[P

The neat thing about black and white is you can imagine the colour. In my mind it's a deep maroon!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks all.:)
I wan't to be able to run with or without skirts, snopro. That's the same thing I did on the custom truck. It's amazing how just removing (or putting back on) the fender skirts can change the look of a car. You will also notice that this one won't have spotlights either.
People thought that the custom truck was a project. This one makes that one look easy.:eek:[ddd.
And like you, the hard core custom fans over on the CCC site are rooting for me to finish this one too. All I can promise is that I will do the best I can to make that happen.
I'm still bummed that I won't be able to really work on it till spring. I'm trying to get things arranged in my already cramped for space shop so that I can at least finish up the welding on the front and rear fenders this winter.
Hang in there with me and we will see what we can accomplish.
Thanks for stopping by....
Torchie

"I wan't to be able to run with or without skirts"....I dunno Torchie, I can't see you running in a skirt either! LOLOLOL

Please don't beat yourself up too badly for not being able to keep up your build pace this winter - sometimes safety and common sense have to prevail, and with all the recent health challenges in the Torchie house, you've made the most logical decision in parking your DD's inside!

"I wan't to be able to run with or without skirts"....I dunno Torchie, I can't see you running in a skirt either! LOLOLOL

well he said he can run without one if you prefer! :eek:

can we just reflect for a moment on how perfect the section job made this cars proportions? so much work and came out great!

well he said he can run without one if you prefer! :eek:

can we just reflect for a moment on how perfect the section job made this cars proportions? so much work and came out great!

You're right Joe. I'm pretty sure this is the base image the photoshopper used, compare the difference and it's outstanding. It went from vanilla to WOW!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• autowp.ru_dodge_coronet_club_coupe_1.jpg
    autowp.ru_dodge_coronet_club_coupe_1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 30
Just spent some time scrolling thru this thread to remind myself just how much I have gotten done.(As well as all of the BS that happened.LOL.:eek:[ddd)
Around page 14 I casually mention that I was considering sectioning this car.:p
So here is a quick recap in just pics.
The first 2 are stock. And then with the chop and section.. I guess it does look different.[ddd :D
And then for scale the last 3 are of yours truly with the car. Stock. Then chopped. Then chopped and sectioned.
Thanks for visiting...
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_4485.jpg
    IMG_4485.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 27
  • ga8v5xmtkwo55nl4gaujw6tru2jnerpk.jpg
    ga8v5xmtkwo55nl4gaujw6tru2jnerpk.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4518.jpg
    IMG_4518.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4584.jpg
    IMG_4584.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 2-10.jpg
    2-10.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 29
Clear and sunny out this morning so I did a drive by of my local yard as I had heard rumors of some new vintage tin.
This is what I saw.
1957 Olds. 4 door hardtop. Possibly an 88.
Floors are shot and no rear bumper.
Last pic shows a redone one. they make great cruisers.
Time for my meeting.......:eek: [ddd
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF0100-690x450.jpg
    DSCF0100-690x450.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 18
Clear and sunny out this morning so I did a drive by of my local yard as I had heard rumors of some new vintage tin.
This is what I saw.
1957 Olds. 4 door hardtop. Possibly an 88.
Floors are shot and no rear bumper.
Last pic shows a redone one. they make great cruisers.
Time for my meeting.......:eek: [ddd
Torchie
Did you bring the dash and steering wheel home with you?

Latest posts

Back