New Guy in Pennsylvania

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

55RAT

I found your site looking at photos on line. I have started my first atempt at a rat rod.I have been in love with them for years and having made my last collage payment it is time I spent some money on me. I aquired a 55' Ford 250
a month ago and in the process of a teardown. I will be asking alot of questions in the next couple of months and I will start a build thread soon. I want to do a low budget build for my first one so I am going to use the frame from the 250 and would like to use the rear the 3/4 ton rear hubs look cool. How can I get this truck lower after new leaf springs?

.........RUST IS A COLOR.....&.....FENDERS ARE FOR SISSIES..........

welcome/low truck

pics pics pics pics[cl

we like lots of pics when ya do a build thread.

on my truck l put the rear axle on top of the leaf springs and used lowering blocks. the thing is if you want it low, C-notching the rear frame rails will probably be necessary.

pay close attention to drive-shaft and pinion angles. 2-3 percent up is acceptable.

in my truck build thread l took pics and explained how l did the lowering and C-notch.

Later :cool:

Hello, welcome to RRR........... you can do it,build it the way you want it.. we will help "with the questions" hands on is a little difficult over the WWW.[P

Latest posts

Back