Very bad week of hot rod buiding here???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopper tom

Way too young to be a hippy!
Well i dont really know whats gonna happen next,but im durn sure not ready for it !
Ma o' man have i had a bad week of working in my garage!
First earlyer this week i got some metal in my eye and had to go get it out and while i was there the eye doctor told me that i have gloucoma and that i will have to come back for tests and treatments [he said 600 to 700 dolors for that and up to 100 dolors a mounth for the eye drops for the rest of my life,if they work ]I'm already on thiroid medicine fromnow on ,whats next?
And i am scared to death about all that now?And to day i was working on the 41 rat and was hitting a peace of metal that flew up and hit me in the mouth [just great],it sliced threw my lipe and busted my canine tooth in half,so i ran in the house to see how bad it really was and i ended up jerking half of my tooth out and shaving the cut really fast before heading to the emergincy room to get stitches.now back home about 4hours latter and filling like crap over everything .wish i had went ahead and just sold the 41 now ?
I tell you guys ,its so hard to get by anymore and stuff like this happens and it makes you wanna just give uptryin . the only reason i wanted to sell some of my rods was to help the wife pay off some bills because work has slowed down and gas and every thing else is gettin so hy ,and then i started getting some more work lined up and thought i would mabie just keep my rods and we'ed be ok.Welp this week just shot them dreams all to heck !
Guys please be carfull when your out working in the garage ,its so easy to get hurt and accidents happen so fast. this is the first time i had a tooth busted out and man am i dreadin tomorrow?[the doc didnt even give me anything for the pain and i forgot to say anything ,its gonna be a long weekend!]

Hey Tom, you are a cool dude and an asset to this board since you
joined it. Sorry about your misfortunes. Something i have learned recently and although it is very hard to change old
habits, you have to think about what you want and not focus any energy into what you don't.

Tom, you guys gave me advice a couple months ago when things were at there worst for me. I had sold everything I had to pay med bills. My situation has'nt changed any, but my attitude did thanks to everyone here whom gave me advice. I'm still not back to work but have been able to add 2 projects back to my stable. Some advice you gave me than was inspirational and to you I am returning it. "Keep your head up, think of the good and not the bad." I hope this helps as it did me.

Sorry to hear about all that, sounds like you need to ramp up the safety consiousness a little.
Just keep your chin up bro, keep your thoughts at a higher level because what you think is what you attract.

Thanks guys !Thats why this forum is so great ,theres always positive energy !
I know that things will work out [somehow they always do ]but the way things are going lately i have to stop and wander.
I ussually go to church when things start to bother me like this ,it helps me fill better about stuff.But lately it seems like every time i go theres all this talk about ''the end of the world'' and then it just gets me down even more.
What i need is to get on my bike and take a nice long ride ,it allways helps to clear my head!
thanks again fellas !

Hey CT, hang in there dude! You know what I have been through, and things are really looking up here now. It just took time and will power.
You will do fine if you keep a good attitude.

ALWAYS wear protective glasses!!!

Tom,
Dude... when it rains it pours!!! I've had my fair share of run ins with stuff in my eyes, cuts of all kinds & I just keep comin' back for more!!! :D I usually have to ask Don to send me some more Neosporin as he has cases of the stuff!!! Good luck, learn to duck & ALWAYS wear protective glasses when working on ANYTHING... I do that religiously now!!!

BoB

No question, life can turn on you in a heartbeat. We've all had periods in our life that really tested our strength. In the mid '80's my company closed up our Florida division and I couldn't find a decent job to save me. Bills were piling up, we had to move, the wife and kids were looking to me for answers and strength, and I really got depressed. I hate to admit it, but I think I might have ended it, but I couldn't leave them in that situation alone. But things finally picked up and it only seems like a bad dream now.

Take a little breather from this stuff for a while. You are doing the right thing in talking about it. Things will improve, believe me. The other thing is that there are always so many people who would gladly trade their problems for yours.......someone is always worse off, and you just have to keep that in mind.

Your friends on here are ready to talk whenever you feel like it, just let us know. :)

Don

hang in there chopper tom.. Kinda sounds like whats been happing to me here. I'd tell ya what I've been through the last 8 weeks but I'm not sure everyone on here would want to know.

thanks a bunch guys ! Iknow things will get better and i know i'm not alone with problems but it does help to talk to some people that i have alot in common with[you guys]. And i hate to say it but i like to hear other peopls problems cause it make me fill like mine aint such a big deal.
Ahh monday will start a new week and hopfully things will go better and things will get back to normal!
Again thanks for the support guys!

Wed. morning we took my 89 year old mother to emergency. It appeared she was having a stroke. It wasn't, but she was semi-conscious for 2 days. Friday night she started coming out of it. It was a crushing migrane. So, I got to spend the better part of 4 days at the hospital worrying. Looks like everything will be ok.
Chopper Tom, sorry about your misfortunes of late. Some wise man once told me you have problems sent your way to make you stronger. It's a good way to look at it.

I just sent you a PM concerning the sale of the 41 before I read this thread.

Sorry to hear about the injury and I know what you mean when it seems like life is kicking your butt. :eek:

Hang tough it most likely will get better.:cool:

Latest posts

Back