1952 Chevy COE ramp truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it has just been slumbering...trying to get my chevelle back on the road after 10 years off the road[P

So new wrinkle...I sold the COE and then bought it back. I sold the ramp truck as my new trailer does eveything I need it to do and cheaper. But...I did buy this Duramax K3500 dually dump truck on the cheap and have been thinking of dropping the COE cab on it. I would then have room for my knuckle boom crane behind the cab. I know it will fit and I do need an upgraded trailer, parts, scrap hauler...Hummm

Well I decided I wasn't going to get to it so I put a stupid high price on it and listed it on CL...Low and behold some guy just had to have it so we settled on a lower than average intelligence high price (step down from stupid high price) and it is off to rest in it's new home in the city. It went from the woods (18 years) to the farm (15 years) to my house (3 years) and then to the city. I miss it but knew I wouldn't do anything with it so I settled for 463% profit...[cl

on her way...

Attachments

• IMG_20170914_150306_214.jpg
    IMG_20170914_150306_214.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 74
that guy is brave as **** with that beast on a car hauler. [cl

onward and upward man!

Umm...That's my truck and trailer...Lol It's a 10K trailer [cl

Hauled it just fine. I'm really loving the new to me diesel dually

I hear the gears turning in your head from here JFG......"where can i find another one and do this again?" :D

Actually I sold the 63 C10 as well as 3 motors, 2 trannys and 3 sets of axles this summer. I took 6100lbs of scrap to the yard as well. I really want to get my chevelle running again (11 years in the shed...) and get back on the Datsun. My 50 Gmc is down to wiring the lights and getting the window regulators back in....[P

Though I did buy a super clean Chrysler Conquest roller and installed a dyno in my shop...Lol

Umm...That's my truck and trailer...Lol It's a 10K trailer [cl

Hauled it just fine. I'm really loving the new to me diesel dually

thats different! I tried counting the lugs, 5 lug is usually 3500 lb axle and 6 is usually 4500, 8 is usually 5200. a steel deck trailer can be over 2500, so a 7000lb (2 3500lb axle) trailer is usually less than 4.5k capacity. grain trucks with beds are 5500+. I saw a guy the other day with a 1 ton ford 4x4 diesel on a car hauler, hung off both ends and the tires were crying.

I hauled two trucks cut in half on a steel deck 18' and was nervous the whole way home. I dont know what the axle rating is, they are 5 lug but huge axles, the farmer I got the trailer from said he hauled a 10k tractor from new york to kansas. :eek:

thats different! I tried counting the lugs, 5 lug is usually 3500 lb axle and 6 is usually 4500, 8 is usually 5200. a steel deck trailer can be over 2500, so a 7000lb (2 3500lb axle) trailer is usually less than 4.5k capacity. grain trucks with beds are 5500+. I saw a guy the other day with a 1 ton ford 4x4 diesel on a car hauler, hung off both ends and the tires were crying.

I hauled two trucks cut in half on a steel deck 18' and was nervous the whole way home. I dont know what the axle rating is, they are 5 lug but huge axles, the farmer I got the trailer from said he hauled a 10k tractor from new york to kansas. :eek:

Oh I hear you! (and have been known to load a little heavy...) My last trip across the scales at the scrap yard was 17,800lbs truck, trailer and load (3100 lbs #1 in truck bead alone) :eek:

Latest posts

Back