Rusty Buchan's

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man! All you guys are going to the new clear frames! I gots to get me one![cl

Mock ups are always good for morale :D That one looks pretty cool too..........the way you have everything tilted back is wild looking .....I know it would be a ton of work but if there was a way to build it like that it would make for a wicked different look [cl[cl

Well it does have a slant window car lol but i could slant the roof when i chop it but i dunno... I think the angle of the roof may turn out pretty good anyway.

Started building a frame
frame3.jpg

frame1.jpg

frame2.jpg

mocked it up again... Just in case any one notices... i never notched out the bottom of the cowl, But i will be doing so to hide the z
wheel018.jpg

Also if any one notices that the piece on top of the cowl and below the windshield, its scutally off a 81 z28. Its the filler piece between the trunk and rear window

Last edited:
Also looking for some opinions.

As you all know i have a 31 slant window and my header panel is missing. I have been looking around for replacements or ideas on how to fab one.
31ford54540-1.jpg

the top part of the windshield is the part im talking about. I was going throw my pictures i have of old tin. Then i got the idea of cutting the top part out of the window out of this one to chop up.
merc.jpg

Do you think it could work with a some modifaction? or do think my imagnation is a little to wild ?

The front might be a pain to make fit since it was made to fit a curved windshield. The back of the cab might also be a possibility.
attachment.php

Thanks im Just wana dive into this thing but im back in school is tight. i need to order some things for the front end (spring perches and lower shock brackets) And needs some more welding wire.

Good idea Sam_fear... I kind feel bad about cutting up that merc cab becuase theres is nothing wrong with it.

I was having some issues with the steering box and clearnece with the motor but i think i have that figured out.

Only thing i have to do know is figure out the dash. I found a english ford in the woods with a banjo wheel and it stood out like a sore thumb with the simca dash. I think i may make one or find one to chop up. Other then that i have almost everything i need to put this together.

I also scored a 9 inch for free out of a 60's ford truck with 3:55's open diff. Only thing is the housing has been welded up and worrys me.

Hi Jason!
I'd let the Ford PU cab lie...someone may end up using it and the header will need so much modification anyway that it would be just as well to start from scratch!
If it were me, I'd make a simple flat top section and hide it with a regular Model A visor.
I think the visor would work really well on your shortened slant window and its so common on a Model A anyway that the slant version without one looks kinda bare!
I think the slanted posts combined with a visor would be really mean looking!!!

How damaged is that 9" housing and where exactly?

I know where you can grab a free housing but no axles/gears.
We could cut it and make it all work using your axles and housing ends. [;)

Bill the cab is to far away to grab anyway. The housing is useable just needs to be cleaned up. the welding is on the bottom of the housing on the back of the center section and one of the tubes. The tube one side looks factory welded but the other side the weld looks high so i dont know if it was reweld.

I dont want a visor id like to get a doner section out of a 32 lol

ordered all my parts for the front end and some rubbers to make some cool engine mounts.
Got one old spring perch out. Man those things are tough to get out. been busy with christmas and visting. And got to help a friend move his shop to another location. Another couple of days and i will get some pictures and a better up date.

hapy belated merry christmas everyone

So i picked up a the back of a 64 ford truck that someone turned into a trailer. It has the 9 inch still in it and it has the wheels on it that i want to run. And for $60 i couldnt complain.
IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

The 9" is worth more than what you paid...

thanks... the guy i bought it off thinks im nuts for paying 60 for it

Might be able to salvage the bed for another project...maybe make two small ones....who knows....60 bucks, it's a good deal....

Latest posts

Back