Utility Trailer Project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen people pull their unwanted boats and trailers to the landfill and leave them. Always wanted to make a bike hauler from one. Nice work bud.

My late son would get every tilt one he could get ahold of. Shorten the tongue a bit, put a floor on it, instant tilt bed lawnmower/ ATV trailer.

My late son would get every tilt one he could get ahold of. Shorten the tongue a bit, put a floor on it, instant tilt bed lawnmower/ ATV trailer.

Good idea for a lawn mower or atv. I've had boat trailers for as long as I have been driving and have never operated the tilt feature while loading or unloading a boat.

He built 4-5 of them. The ATV crowd would snap them up as soon as he finished one. Worked great, no ramps needed.
There's still a couple or three old fiberglass boats around here that he bought just to get the trailers. Just about impossible to get rid of them, they don't burn good, leave too much behind.

He built 4-5 of them. The ATV crowd would snap them up as soon as he finished one. Worked great, no ramps needed.
There's still a couple or three old fiberglass boats around here that he bought just to get the trailers. Just about impossible to get rid of them, they don't burn good, leave too much behind.

backhoe

My glass T, now steel rpu has no bed but did come with a trailer hitch. I am figuring the cheapest way to build a nifty little trailer to bring along a spare and tools when i take out of town trips this winter. Thanks for posting DMW. Good motivation.

My glass T, now steel rpu has no bed but did come with a trailer hitch. I am figuring the cheapest way to build a nifty little trailer to bring along a spare and tools when i take out of town trips this winter. Thanks for posting DMW. Good motivation.

I have an old one wheel trailer for ya. Look good behind that rpu and somewhat period correct:rolleyes:

We had one back in 83. 'Pulled' it to Texas & back behind the 80 Datsun my wife had when we were married. We had a pretty good sized box on it, and when a truck got up beside us on the freeway, the car would first want to head in the opposite direction (truck vacuum working on the trailer), then as he passed it would pull us toward him. Going through the hills in Missouri we had to let it go on the down hill slope in order to still be going above the minimum speed limit by the time we got up the other side. (It was a four banger, of course. The speed limit was still 55 back then, and so we were considerable over on the way down the hills.)

Latest posts

Back