School Shooting , just sick

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing about this that bothers me the most is the federal government sticking its nose in on a murder case. Yes there is more than one victim, but is murder a federal offense? I am afraid this just being used to help push for more gun control. Eventually leading to total disarming of the citizens.

What is really disturbing is where we are as a society today. ... We went from a country where we didn't even lock our homes at night to one where we are talking about arming teachers and even now our kids have to be taught to be afraid of strangers, and they pass through metal detectors just going to school....

Don

T-mann hit on something the other day that really stuck ing my head. The US Constitution is the only constitution of any country that gives real freedom to the people over the government. It made me realize, that kind of freedom carries a lot of responsibility and takes hard work and diligence to keep. Over the last 200 years, we as a nation have slowly become lazy, wishing someone else would take the responsibility so we eagerly want the government to do this or that. I don't want to make hard choices, or take a risk, or have to face things that make me uncomfortable like poverty or war. I don't have to do my part to for society, I pay the government to do it. Well, this is what you eventually get - a broken society.

We don't need gun bans or any other law to fix this. Standing around in groups of 2 talking or 30 with signs and shouting "somebody else should do something" will not fix this broken society. Unfortunately, what is needed won't happen because it takes work, risk, and responsibly and we are a nation of lazy scared rabbits.

No, I don't think that is their agenda, Ron. Whether a person likes or doesn't like President Obama, the man was visibly shaken and saddened when he went on TV about the shootings. The man was torn up. He is a Father first, which is the common denominator of everyone who is outraged over this slaughter........we are Fathers, Mothers, Brothers, Sisters, etc, and to see those poor little children who died with 3 to 11 bullets in their little bodies is beyond acceptable. Something has got to change.

I just wish I knew what that something is.:(

Don

Before 1962 this kind of action didn't happen, what changed in 1962. You could leave your doors unlocked, your gun in a drawer and no one bothered it. You could speak what was on your mind without being politically correct. We didn't have a illegal problem, we didn't have smog on our rides and Jane Fonda was still cute and not shaking hands with the Viet Cong.
If you are interested google " when was prayer taken out of schools", is this a better place 50 years later? I will step off my soap box now, thank you.

Latest posts

Back