Cadillac Engine Pictures Anyone?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zpi28

I just picked up my 425 Caddy engine yesterday. Im looking at getting some intake and exhaust plates to build my own tunnel ram and headers. Does anyone have any pictures of Cadillac motors in hot rods?

zzrodder to the white courtesy phone...

I believe he's done it a couple times. Hopefully he'll pop in and offer some advice.

zzrodder to the white courtesy phone...

I believe he's done it a couple times. Hopefully he'll pop in and offer some advice.

Thanks Doc, I'll post some pics when I get home in a couple days of the aluminum tunnel ram I made. Meanwhile, checkout Boneheads latest build with a wild steel tunnel ram he made. I'm thinking of using another Caddy engine in my next build and have a cross ram design floating around in the 'ol mental toolbox.
The Caddy engine is one of the easiest to make a manifold for with no water passages or distributor mount, plus the wide separation of the intake runners makes it easy to weld all 'round them.

Here`s my 472 in my 37 Ford. To make the exhaust headers I bought 3/8" flanges for the Caddy, then adapted big block Ford sprint car headers, flipped upsidedown to the flanges.:D

Attachments

• 472 in place 003.jpg
    472 in place 003.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 35
  • `37 on 10-9-12 001.jpg
    `37 on 10-9-12 001.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 43
Here's a few pics of the manifold I built. For header flanges, you can find some nice ones on ebay, though for this one, I made my own. BB Chevy headers have about the same spacing - for the 500 in my 34 Caddy, I bought the ebay flanges and welded them to a set of BB Chev headers for a Camaro.

Attachments

• nov14 04 004 az.jpg
    nov14 04 004 az.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 36
  • mar 09 05 006z.jpg
    mar 09 05 006z.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 40
  • mar 09 05 019 ab.jpg
    mar 09 05 019 ab.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 31
Thanks guys, ZZR I have a set of large tube BBC Camaro headers hanging in the roof of my shed now. Ill fit em up and see how they look when I get the 425 set in.

Latest posts

Back