Re upholstered my 68 C10 Seat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zpi28

I decided since my wife makes childrens boutique clothing that she could also sew me some new skin for my seats in my trucks. So I purchased some marine grade vinyl and cut it out and let her sew me a new seat.

This is what I was working with in my 68 C10.

Pulled off the seat cover and here is what I have.

Seperated the seat.

Noticed the original cover was still in place.

Top cover still looked pretty good just dingy.

The bottom had seen better days and alot of ass.

Removed the old skin , removed the stitching and used the original for a template. I allowed a little extra for shrinkage over the years.

Cut out the new vinyl and had my wife sew it up. I made a small repair to the bottom springs on the driverside of course. Put down some burlap then the foam (the original was still in great condition) and wrapped it up.

I got it put back in the truck today and drove it to work. Feels good and looks alright too..

This was my wife and I's first attempt at upholstery. We are have 5 sewing machines and are ordering a couple feet to allow us to using piping along the seems. I have a 1947 singer that I plan on using for alot of this to. It seems to work great and will sew through steel. We learned alot on this , its not perfect but its simple and functional. My truck is no show piece and I am happy with the results.

Next will be velour with pleats in my 64 C10.

Latest posts

Back