Chevy/Reo?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry the Sandblaster called this morning. Less that 24 hour turnaround. What a guy! I picked up a gallon of Bondo and a gallon of Red Oxide lacquer primer today too.

Started slinging Bondo today. Normally, I hate sanding Bondo. Now, with arthritic thumbs and a sore shoulder, I absolutely detest it. Friday I dropped off the hood, side panels, frame covers and a lot of other parts. Jerry the Sandblaster dusted the shiny parts, sand blasted the rusty parts and primed everything with a 2 part primer. Done today. When I get the bodywork done on the cab I'll have him put urethane primer on it inside and out.

bob...you need to go to the local college

Started slinging Bondo today. Normally, I hate sanding Bondo. Now, with arthritic thumbs and a sore shoulder, I absolutely detest it. Friday I dropped off the hood, side panels, frame covers and a lot of other parts. Jerry the Sandblaster dusted the shiny parts, sand blasted the rusty parts and primed everything with a 2 part primer. Done today. When I get the bodywork done on the cab I'll have him put urethane primer on it inside and out.

See if you can find an intern to do the sanding and hard stuff.....call it "Job Training" .....but you'd get some takers...lol

Picked up the seats from Jenny, the Stitch B*tch (that's her business name). She did a great job using the army blanket I provided.
Trying to get the "farmed out" work done while my shoulder prevents me from body work. So far, rehab hasn't helped a bit. Maybe I shouldn't have put up a chain link fence, redecked my car trailer, loaded a truckoad of steel, etc.

Sarge, maybe when the roofing season ends I can get a Bondo sanding guy at a reasonable rate.

Jenny, the Stitch B*tch (that's her business name)

I have seen a lot of articles on her and also have seen some of her work, for sure one of the best. seats look good.

Birthdays!

Hey Bob,
We've had a bunch, me and you! (Birthdays) Yeah, I hate bondo. I love my air board sander. LOL But...you're gettin there, buddy. [cl[cl

Lynn

Planning Ahead

This late 20's (I think) Dodge (I think) frame was on Craigslist and needed a new home. My home, that is. There's a Hupmobile cowl and a very nice Hupmobile radiator shell waiting to be turned into a bucket. Parts of this frame could fit into the plan. When this gets built (2nd in the pecking order) then the fiberglass roadster can go bye bye.
BTW, the guy is a chiropractor so he gave me a complimentary treatment on my bad shoulder.[cl

First a rub down.....then what???!!!!

I don't want to see ya BENT OUT OF SHAPE.....about anything....I know that's a little TWISTED.... but you know me bob....I can really CRACK you up....:D....sorry, I'm done...

You never cease to amaze me Bob. Just got a 5 year licence tag for the Model A in the mail today and i thought "well paying for a 5 year sticker was certainly optimistic, what was i thinking?" But then there is you Bob showing us how it's done, the champion for us old guys!

I'm keeping my eye on Sarge and taking notes.

Incredible build so far, read all 58 pages and enjoyed every one. This build really has my brain working and thinking of possibilities. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to following along for the rest of the build!

Thanks for the nice comments,guys. They are greatly appreciated.

Tried a little Bondo work this morning. With the heat and humidity hardly any hardener was needed. The sore shoulder held up okay for the half hour I messed with it.
I got stung by that Dodge frame I bought a few days ago. I mean, really stung. Went to untie it from the trailer and the wasps nesting in the frame got irritated and put some hurt on me.:eek:

Oh.............not good........

Hope the swelling is down and you are not allergic.....I absolutely hate bee's and wasp's......sorry man....:(

Here's a color to consider: VW "velvet green"

IMG_2929.JPG

Latest posts

Back