Random Coffee thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had my first cup

when I was about 28. It was French Roast and I was hooked. Over the years I've drank it with sugar and then switched to black for a long time. In my thirty's I drank a pot a day. Now it's just 2 cups in the morning and an occasional cup of Dunkin Donuts Turbo in the afternoon. It's amazing what can be accomplished between 3 and 6 after a cup of that stuff.:eek:

I think Tim Hortons put something in the coffee....

I'm addicted......save the donut jokes...lol....
All those years of working midnight shifts...got to love the stuff....never drank it much prior to becoming a cop....all the years in the dealerships I'd have a few cups now and then but now it's a habit I can't seem to break....but actually I like the dark roast Folgers better than most other brands for brewing at home....otherwise...it's Timmy's....:D

We actually get some cheap coffee in the shop when its on sale at the commisary for $5 a can and its not bad at all. IMO. But I put sugar and creme in mine so it may just mask the flavor anyway. Its called Reveille Coffee. Im not big on Folgers, I do like some Maxwell House though. We have some Master Chef right now, but there are 11 of us in the shop and we take turns buying coffee so we drink what every the other person buys. I never really drank any coffee until I started working swing shift at the Steel Mill.

As in most Texans? Wouldn't that kind of prove the point I was presenting about the weak stuff they serve? I do realize Texas is big and I lived in east Texas which isn't really the Texas most folks think of. Maybe they have good coffee in Austin or SanAntonio

i hear that:) when i do get to go home and i make coffee my mom and dad always says someone stumped their toe in the coffee. i go out to the shop and make coffee and you can't hardly get any because my brothers and the workers love it. here in alabama most people say my coffee is to strong too. my grandparents made strong coffee, my mom would add water to her's to weak'n it down. i'm from south east texas from the houston area,.

I like to dump an extra scoop when I make coffee. If you really want some strong coffee, get some of that Cuban stuff in Miami. That will keep you wired for 12 hours straight. There is also a Vietnamese restaurant here in Orlando that serves a really strong coffee in a small cup with condensed milk. It's awesome but has a ton of caffeine. It's call cafe sudah (sp?). I usually don't have a problem drinking coffee at night and sleeping, but one night I had a second cup of that stuff and was awake most of the night :p The waiter asked me "are you sure you want a second cup?" LOL, probably should have listened to him.

Hi Everyone

I have been drinkin the stuff since I was about 10 or 12 years old.....I have never really liked the taste but I have gotten used to it as the years go by....it is more of a social thing...

When my dad was alive we used to drink it with a shot of Seagrams in it.....I was an alcoholic at the time so I loved that kind of coffee...I could drink it really with any kind of booze in it...rum....vodka...etc etc...

Now I drink it to keep me awake....I love the speedy feelings I get when I make it really strong...

When I travel out to see my son in Kansas...never can find a place that makes it strong enough for me now....I guess I like it really thick now...I think I am buzzying pretty good right now from my 2 cups I had this morning...I work a double shift today so I am probably gonna make another strong cup to get me thru until 10 PM when I get out...

Coffee....hmmmm...what a way of life....

MikeC

Latest posts

Back