Any honeymoon ideas?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zpi28

OK this December is our 20th Anniversary and we have decided to finally take a real honeymoon since I left 2 weeks after we got married for the Army. Its in December so im thinking Southern Cal. We were going to go to Scotland but have decided to stay stateside. Is there some nice places to visit in SoCal we have never been there and want to go somewhere that we would not take the kids.

Congratulations on the 20 years. How long are you going to be there ? I would put northern California on my list and drive up through the wine country, maybe staying at quaint hotels along the way. Women love that stuff.

Don

I will take that into consideration. We would like to stay at a B&B if possible. We should be there about 5 days.

Congrats on the 20 yrs
Eureka Springs [ddd
Just kidding. I'm in the same boat as u on the needing help with this type of stuff.
Have a great time and take lots O pics for us [P

That whole part of California is so beautiful and with lots of neat places to go. We lived in Southern California for a while and Northern California is just so much more of a relaxed pace and scenic IMO. But everyone has different ideas of what fun is.

Don

As far as places, depends on what you are into.
If you like the mountains, Idyllwild is very cool ( lived there a couple years) there are a few B&B's there. It's way out of the way. Big Bear is a little more commercialized but still beautiful.

If you like the beach, Laguna Beach is awesome. (got married there)

One thing for certain, You have to go to In N Out Burger. Double Double Animal style with Animal style fries is the incredible bomb diggity.

What kind of things are you in to?

I guess that is the big question, what are your interests ? Or more importantly, what are your Wife's interests ? (Let's face it, we do these types of things for Mama, we just get dressed and show up :D)

Some people like their vacation to be full of excitement, and others want to shut off the cell phone and sit on a desert island for the whole time. The reason I suggested some of the quaint spots in NorCal is because they are romantic and scenic. If I were going to California that is the part I personally would want to see............but that is just me.

Don

What about a vacation by train? I've seen an Amtrac station in nearby Memphis. I've never done it, but plan to some day. Some of our friends took a long Amtrac vacation and, the way I understand it, they would ride the train for awhile, get off and sightsee for a while, get back on the next train, etc. Sounds like fun, but I don't know. Have you ever done that?

Latest posts

Back