55 Buick Century

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zpi28

Well I just bought this Buick on an online auction today. Going to pick it up in the morning. I hope to use the original 322 Nailhead if it is a good builder. I was looking for a Wagon to build but this 4 Door Hardtop will work just as well for me. Saved this one from the crusher. It comes with a title and original buyers invoice. Not sure what all goodies are hiding inside and in the trunk but I will find out this weekend.

That is about how far 9 out of 10 restorations get. Too bad they didn't just leave it alone. Nice solid car, tons of work to make it a driver. Easy couple grand just in glass and rubber.

Easy found a back glass for $450 plus shipping. I think the windows are in the doors but Im betting they are cloudy. Anyway decided to get some sleep today since I am working nights this week. Will be picking it up in the morning. Curious about whats hiding in the back seats and in the trunk.

Introduced in the middle of the 1955 model year the 4-door Buick Century Riviera along with the 4-door Special Riviera and the 4-door Oldsmobile 98 Holiday and 4-door 88 Holiday, were the first 4-door hardtops ever produced. This was the first time "VentiPorts" appeared on the Century, a carryover from the Buick Roadmaster.

Introduced in the middle of the 1955 model year the 4-door Buick Century Riviera along with the 4-door Special Riviera and the 4-door Oldsmobile 98 Holiday and 4-door 88 Holiday, were the first 4-door hardtops ever produced. This was the first time "VentiPorts" appeared on the Century, a carryover from the Buick Roadmaster.

Ah yes, learn something new. Fact checked it on Wiki, word for word what you said. Seems we both have first year 4 door hardtops. Mine is a 56 Sedan Deville.

Thats cool, I ran the VIN on a site and believe this is a Century Riviera Model 63. I will find out today when I get the title. Will post it and the original buyers invoice. Hope there is a trunk full of chrome. Did some research tonight and looks like all new glass is going to be around $1500 with out the rubber. Still not to bad. Im just glad that someone is still producing this stuff. More pictures this afternoon once i get the car home. :D

This is the original paperwork from the dealership. The first owners insurance card and state tax receipt. There is a bill of sale in 1981 showing that the first owners wife sold the car for $500 to either a son or grandson. Clear Arkansas title dated 2003. These papers rarely stay with a car, regardless of the year model.

Latest posts

Back