55 Buick Century

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The documents and grampa stories are great. I was just thinking how special getting a new car used to be. The neighbors would come over to see it, there would be rides and everyone could tell what kind it was. Now new cars just get more and more utilitarian and everyone gets new ones all the time, nothing special. Plus they all look the same. Half the people around here don't even bother washing them.

True dat' WB3........they get more excited around here over what kind
of new phone someone got???????? I don't get ....of course I'm old:):)

Havent been working on the Nailhead. I did pickkup some taillight lens for it. Also got some tires back on the original rims so that it will roll around good.

Ive been busy working on my C10, Nova and remodeling a room in the house. The Buick will be on hold for now. I may put it up for sale if I think its going to set for too long. I really want a 55-59 Belair or 59-61 Wagon.

I had this bumper sitting in my garage and decided to see how it looks on the car.

Well I liked it so I grabbed up some more chrome and started putting it back on.

Im thinking that I may go ahead and put all the Chrome I have back on the car. Wipe it down with some Linseed oil and put some glass back in it. Ill have to find some seats and do alot of work to the interior but I may just leave it looking like this for awhile.

I plan on adding some Lake Pipes and Wide Whites to it. The electrical harness in the car is still in really good condition from what I can tell. I have not put a battery on it yet but all the cables look good. Getting the glass is going to take some time since it cost so much. It would be nice to find a donor car in a surrounding state.

I am looking for the correct Model 63 Riviera headlight bezels. I have set of Roadmaster bezels with the blinkers on them. Also will be needing a rear bumper, hood emblems and ornament.

Man, this is a great car. I had a 57 Buick Special that I never got on the road and ended up selling in pieces. One of my biggest car regrets that I didn't finish it.

Too bad you arent local, I have the front and back glass sitting here in NY from the same car I parted out last year. Still have a bunch of trim and misc parts as well.

Do you have any other glass also? Hell I use to live in Watertown, NY. I would almost make a road trip this spring to pick up some windows.

I have all of the glass from the car, but some of the side windows are fogged up some. If you want to drive to grab the glass I will make you a great deal on all of the glass. Email me directly at drptop70ss AT american online dot com.

OK thanks. Im checking on some in Dallas if that dont pan out I will shoot you an email. I need to make a trip up the east coast anyway.. :D

Cleaning up nicely [cl
I'm sure liking that car [dr
Thanks, Im liking it more and more. I really love tri 5s but this Buick is really getting in my blood. From the first pics to now its looking alot better. Glad other people didnt see what I did during that auction..

None on the Buick. Been working on my 64 C10 getting it ready to drive to Cincinnati next month for our Scroungers CC National Meet. Soon I hope to start getting the window jams ready for glass.

Been really thinking about what I want to do with this car. I may end up offering it up for sale or trade. I only need 1 project right now.

We are thinking about selling out and moving to the hills. Teaching our kids how to live off the land and not be dependent on technology. All this Anti-Social Media stuff has families so separated they wont even visit each other anymore. They just text or email or skype. I remember when we used to go to my grandma's on the weekend to eat, or my aunts on friday night so my mom could play bunko or have tuperware parties. Not anymore. Family functions are few nowadays. Im really sick of it. Im afraid that I will lose my kids to all this technology and they will become lazy. Ive been in industrial maintenance for 19 years now and these maintenance trades are a dying breed. Most of these young kids/adults dont want to do any physical labor or get dirty. I work at a steel mill and this crap is always dirty and physical and loud.
I am proud that my oldest son works on a dragline barge building dykes and paving banks on the Mississippi River. He is on the same barge that I was on when I was 23.. He is also 23... I learned to vertical weld on that barge as he is doing also. Its a physical job, but he is a big boy. And I am proud.

Enough with this rant. Not sure if any of you feel the same..

I know what your saying , most kids don't want to "get dirty" my son hates working on vehicles .. but he will weld a trash conveyors back together, go figure.

Latest posts

Back