Traveling to Florida

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zpi28

Next Thursday I am going to be traveling from Arkansas to Florida. I will be going through Birmingham to stop at GreyBeards. Then heading down to I-10. No real plan just taking a few days off and hitting a beach or two. Are there any shops or cool places I can visit on my travels that are along the way? I had planned on going all the way down to the Keys. But im not sure i want that long drive back. Its easy to get there, but coming home just aint the same.

Steven

WB3 beat me to Garlitts place but if you're into racing, the Living Legends museum in Daytona is cool.

Made it to the Auto Museum in Tallahassee. Got to see a real Tucker in person. Cool car for sure. Also got to see the original Batmobile, dark knight mobile, and alot of other cool cars.

New one on me, too. I'm just west of Jasper.
If you come back across I22 /US78 going home, let us know when you will be through the Jasper area. Odie lives there, and I'm 35 miles away, so we might could meet up with ya.

mav it is a custom shop in b'ham. has a facebook page but his web address doesn't work. now that i think about it, it seems like somebody else said something about grey beards as well.

Last edited:
I agree, you have to stop at Garlits Museum in Ocala. I drove by it for years and never stopped but then went to Billetproof and went into the museum. It is amazing, so much to see and so much history there, not just Don's cars but lots of other famous cars and parts.

Don

I agree, you have to stop at Garlits Museum in Ocala. I drove by it for years and never stopped but then went to Billetproof and went into the museum. It is amazing, so much to see and so much history there, not just Don's cars but lots of other famous cars and parts.

Don

Think that's where I saw my fav digger of all time... the yellow Mooneyes rail with the huffer stickin' off the front of the motor! Always loved that one as a kid!!!

New one on me, too. I'm just west of Jasper.
If you come back across I22 /US78 going home, let us know when you will be through the Jasper area. Odie lives there, and I'm 35 miles away, so we might could meet up with ya.

Will do Bama, going to head back that way. My friend has the Pizza Bar in Carbon Hill. I stopped in to see him and eat some of that good food. Greybeards Customs is a Rod shop in B,ham owners name is Greg. Cool guy. He has a facebook page.

Pictures from the museum are loading up now.. [cl

Will do Bama, going to head back that way. My friend has the Pizza Bar in Carbon Hill. I stopped in to see him and eat some of that good food. Greybeards Customs is a Rod shop in B,ham owners name is Greg. Cool guy. He has a facebook page.

Pictures from the museum are loading up now.. [cl
love their roast beef and swiss with mushrooms, onions and gravy but you need a fork, as well as their bbq with lettuce and tomato. haven't been there much since lacy sold it. right now i'm working 7:00 to 5:00 6 days a week, if the time works out when you come through then i would love to set and visit.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back