71 Chevy Nova Sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zpi28

Picked up this on Friday. Got it unloaded today and put a hot battery on it. It fired right up and runs great. Its got a 400 smallblock in it. Looking at the valve covers it seems to be a old GM crate motor. I will check the code on the block to verify. Need a back glass, brakes, tires and floorpans. Should be an easy one to get back on the road. I did get a full set of Slotted mags with a spare rear wheel.

Located a back glass locally on another forum. Now got to order some nice white letter 14" tires. There is a truckers Chrome shop here that polishes Aluminum pretty cheap. Going to take a couple of these wheels to them to see how they turn out. Think im going to keep the sloted mags on this one.

Found that it already has some Hi Jackers on it. Yay.. :D

Added 50 psi to see if they hold air.. yep they do..

Adjusted some on the 2 Jet and got a little bit of brakes on it. Still needs a complete bleed. But it will stop and hold as of now. Drove it down the road and let some smoke out of a tire. Lots of torque with this 2 barrel on it.

Two Moredoors together..

I located a complete new floor pan from a family member who is a Nova guy. And a Cowl Hood from a friend thats building a Nova too. Now got to find a backseat..

cool project. Cant wait to see it with the cowl hood. I came across a 4 door that I wanted a few years ago, I wanted to put the SS vents in the hood and some rally wheels

I will be driving it some. I have my 64 C10 that im making back into my daily driver now. I may use it to barter with. I will be looking to get a Wagon to build. We have been wanting to build a Wagon for a while now.

My pops finally came by to check on my projects and I let him hear the Nova run. He asked what transmission was in it? Hell I dont know haven't even looked. Ive only driven it about 500 ft down the road and back a couple times. He said it sounds like a powerglide. I said what do you mean. He said that whine its making. Well it dont have powersteering so the only whine would be from the transmission. So I drove it again further and sure enough it still has the factory Glide still in it. The old guy knew what he was talking about. As usual.. :)

I stopped and did another burnout and this time both wheels grabbed which got it to slide sideways some. Good Times.. :D

I picked up the floor pans from a cousin who didnt need them anymore.

Also picked up a Comp Cam and ordered a dual plane intake for my 402BBC.

Hope to get the floor pans in real soon. [;)

Latest posts

Back