Update with Photos.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakota

Rides a rusted horse
Hey gang,
Just wanted to post a few photos of what I’ve got done so far. Last week I posted that I got all these nifty toys from my friends. Why did it take a week??? The first two pics explain it. I’m doing all the fabrication work from my corner of a 12X12 shed, and that was the temp at 11:30 AM. I don’t have a garage, I’m a real back yard mechanic. I did install the new chrome valve covers and new carb. You can see the angle iron struts I fabricated to support the front fenders and radiator. The radiator fan took some work, but it works like a charm. The gas tank and plumbing took all day. The $10 tail lights came from Wal-Mart. Whadya think…Should I lower it??? Tomorrow I'll put the tags on it and run up and down the block with no mufflers and P*** off my neighbors.

sunp20011.jpg

sunp20013.jpg

sunp20001.jpg

sunp20010.jpg

Good goin Lakota. Looks cool. To me it has an especially vicious look from the front. Did ya ever give any more thought to the grill ideas you were tossing around?

Lookin Good...

Looks good, Lakota.
Yes, let your neighbors take part in your success.
We were always taught to share !!!!!! :D

Looks good, dude. Don't now 'bout you but, I'm gonna share the sweet sound of the motor with my neighbors-----:D

that looks great lakota, i'm glad to see i'm not the only one stuck with a dinky metal shed. I've got a 12x15 though :D, wouldn't be so bad if i didn't smack my noggin every now and then on that 5' door :p

I took it out for a short spin today. I just wanted to check the brakes, steering and transmission. Nothing fancy, no wheel stands, a few bursts of accelleration. A few neighbors shook their fists at me, but I couldn't hear what they were saying. The fat lady on the corner shoved the last of her bon-bons in her mouth and threw the box at me. When I got back to my driveway a few of my neighbors were waiting on me. After watching me build this truck for over a year, they wanted a close up look at it. So I let them crawl all over it. What were they gonna do, scratch the paint??? Of course the cops showed up. They asked me for registration and insurance, but didn't want to see it. They asked if I was squealing my tires up and down the road, when I said no he asked why not. I told him that I didn't have a daddy that owned a tire store. I guess he don't get out much, cause he thought that was a real knee-slapper. The other cop opened my hood and asked me to start it up. Both cops took turns revving the engine, and then gave me a thumbs up. Before the cops left they told me about two things I should invest in, good hot rod mufflers and tires, mine were showing signs of dry rot. What a nice way to start a Sunday...

Latest posts

Back