what the heck is this???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

59imp

the owner said it was a 'doctors coupe' something don't look right to me. i haven't seen it in person, only these few pics.

did Ford build this or was it home made from a pickup???

4261fi_20.jpg

2393g57_20.jpg

5120hec_20.jpg

It looks like it might have started out as a truck. The rear roof line is too tall to be a factory coupe. The rear window is a truck window, and the top edges of the rear quarters are not rounded but squared off too. Yep, I'd say it was a truck! somebody did a lot of metal work to try and make it look like a coupe.

T1

The rear roof line window and belt line kind of look like Modal A sedan. Looks to me that they welded the sedan to the rear of the cab and made panels to make it look like a coupe.

Yeah... it's been "doctored" alright!!! [ddd Dr's coupes had higher than normal roofs & most of the ones I've seen were T's.

BoB

thats not a doctors t roof too short and the rear had a built leather storage for there equipment i'm not sure were i saw it it i think there was one for sale on the hamburger site that one was real check it out.....

what it is

it has a nice bead along the bottom of the qtrs, bonus if its not completely stock. it would be cool to rework a complete car in the traditional hot/rat style! loose the fenders turn it back into a pickup. if its running and driving you need many additional parts, might even be ableto trade the fenders for a pickup box. keep the original drivetrain and suspension intact , slit the bones front n back. shouldn't need to box the rail's with the flat 4.

Latest posts

Back