My Dodge Bros coupe!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had these fishplates made for the front of my frame. I always think about what fool welded this frame up! [ddd:eek::eek:[ddd

BoB

Attachments

• fishplate.jpg
    fishplate.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 21
You guys should sell those! Look cool!!!!!

Thanks... I was thinking about making some car club style plaques too. Told my friend I had some fishplates made & he asked what a fishplate was & I told him... "fishplates are what you use when you don't trust your own welding"! :D

BoB

Attachments

• undead.JPG
    undead.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 46
Made the bottom coilover brackets out of some 2"x4" 3/8" & got um tacked in today. Hot as Tejas blue blazes in my shop all day so will finish welding them in tomorrow morn! Can't wait to get to the front end.... me wants a roller!!! :D

BoB

Attachments

• bracket1.jpg
    bracket1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 42
  • bracket2.jpg
    bracket2.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 43
I bought the front end of a '46 Ford from my buddy & so far am using the spindles, tie rod, drag link and bones. I'm using the front bones for the rear & had these brackets made & welded them up today. The weld in bungs from Speedway will be here tomorrow & I'll finish them up.

I really like the rear end you're using!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too, I ripped the quick change outta my truck before I sold it to use on this build! :D

BoB

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 37
If memory serve... Once the spring was mounted in front of the axle (1935) the factory put the bend in the bones.

And yet another Dodge!!!!!!

Yep... I scored a really cheap body! [ddd

Are the bones on a 46 bent that way from the factory?
Or are all of them that way?

Yeah they were bent from the factory & fit perfectly on my application because of it!

If memory serve... Once the spring was mounted in front of the axle (1935) the factory put the bend in the bones.

I think that's right... it was to clear the tie rods... sorta like hairpins but only half a pin! :eek:

BoB

Latest posts

Back