1936 Packard

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ZZ
I keep coming back and looking at the current mock up pics. Very eleagent looking car.
Love the fact that you are going to run the hood.
Have you given any thought to putting a set of fender mounted spares on this thing? That would be crazy. Maybe your Packard friend has some laying around?:D
I know a guy that has restored some Packards. I going to show him this one day and watch him soil himself.[ddd[ddd[ddd
Torchie.

ZZ
I keep coming back and looking at the current mock up pics. Very eleagent looking car.
Love the fact that you are going to run the hood.
Have you given any thought to putting a set of fender mounted spares on this thing? That would be crazy. Maybe your Packard friend has some laying around?:D
I know a guy that has restored some Packards. I going to show him this one day and watch him soil himself.[ddd[ddd[ddd
Torchie.

Thanks Torchie. Hmm, fender mounted spares.... cool I guess, but not my style, plus they would get in the way of what I've planned for the hood sides.
Most Packard devotees get offended when you go and modify one, but it's not like this was one of the swanky senior models, just a lumpy unloved 4 dr.

Sure is looking good,ZZ. Please show us some good pictures of how you make your hood. I need a hood for mine,maybe if you make it look easy to do,I"ll try to make one. I would be happy with just the top part on mine. Keep up the great work.

Sure is looking good,ZZ. Please show us some good pictures of how you make your hood. I need a hood for mine,maybe if you make it look easy to do,I"ll try to make one. I would be happy with just the top part on mine. Keep up the great work.

Sure thing but you'll have to be patient, i won't get to it 'till probably next summer.:(

So, I've been pondering the headlight situation - since I only have the bare buckets, I've been thinking to convert them to modern 7" sealed beams. However, I also have this pair of late model Indian Scout teardrop headlights - I had planned to use them on a fenderless style build but it's not happening now... They wouldn't really look right on this car but then today I had one of those light bulb moments :eek:.
Graft the Indian buckets to the front of the Packard ones, a little sheet metal persuasion and presto change-o, custom headlights. I took some scotch tape and taped the lights and bezels to the Packard buckets - no problemo :cool:. The reflectors are metal so I'll just have to drill a couple holes and pop in sockets for turn signals.

Attachments

• DSC01951 z.jpg
    DSC01951 z.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 136
  • new project 2013 003.jpg
    new project 2013 003.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC01971.jpg
    DSC01971.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC01972.jpg
    DSC01972.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 167
Those are perfect![dr For the bit of metal work they will take it will be well worth the effort. Besides you could take them with you and shape'm while your sitting in the Az sun tipp'n a few beers:rolleyes:

Better with age!!

Mr. ZZ you do some awesome work. I just can't stop looking at all the cars you build. I know it takes time to take pictures and sit at a pc and document all the work you do. Thank you for the effort and time you put in your builds.

Well, I guess we all see things differently - the angle of the cowl/firewall is one of my fav things about this body style - lots of under dash space. If you compare it to a 38-41 body, they have a squared off firewall that just doesn't look so nice.
Yes, I'll be running hood sides, more custom tricks to come yet.
The air cleaner is one I made for my Black Rat 55 project that didn't make the final cut - wall art :)

You're right. Now that I look at it again that firewall looks cooler and cooler.

Can't wait to see the progress. Love the headlights!

I could be wrong but the real thing looks alot longer than the concept and to me that is a very good thing.[cl fabulous job in such a timely fashion, wish I had 1/2 your persistence. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Latest posts

Back