Big block mopar value

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21willys

I just acquired a late 70s rv with a running driving big block in it with only 70k on it. It was getting to dark out so my wife couldn't see the side of block to see what size it is. It runs perfect.

Any ideas what it's worth with the transmission?

alot of the guys on my C body website dont like the rv motors to much.

honestly i dont recall their reasons tho. might be worth checking over there?

either way the parts alone are worth a penny. big block Mopars aren't cheap

They don't like 'em 'cause the pistons sit .055+ down in the hole. Low compression. You punch it 030 over, deck it, and put some pistons in it and it will rock. They haven't made the 727 big block case since 78. When a drag racer blows the rear end he usually ruins the back of the case and needs a new one. 600-800 if it's in good running condition would be a great deal. Here in Michigan that will get you something with all the parts but probably NOT running.

They don't like 'em 'cause the pistons sit .055+ down in the hole. Low compression. You punch it 030 over, deck it, and put some pistons in it and it will rock. They haven't made the 727 big block case since 78. When a drag racer blows the rear end he usually ruins the back of the case and needs a new one. 600-800 if it's in good running condition would be a great deal. Here in Michigan that will get you something with all the parts but probably NOT running.

theres the answer i knew was around. thanks for the info (from the sidelines)

Latest posts

Back