how is this done?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope the owner responds here. Seems to me the ports in the heads would be designed wrong for this backward function, small valves on the intake, big valves on the exhaust and would not be as efficient. May be some cooling issues as well.

Bingo. Totally backwards for getting any performance from an engine. You normally want big intake valves and smaller exhaust valves. In this setup you would lose a bunch of HP. The only thing it would be good for is a conversation piece.

Don

RVS FLO update

First issue is my very good friend that actually made the camshaft and all the variable duration camshafts I designed over the last 30 years was diagnoised with brain cancer.

Just tears me apart to see this happen to someone so talented at such a young age (57)

We got the engine completely redone this spring do to an unfortunate situation which resulted in water being left in the cooling system before an unusual early cold day last fall.

Spent a lot of time paying attention to the carbs and the ignition timing and could share this information with anyone thats interested.

Another guy out east got a lot of info from us and created another car with a RVS FLO SBC.

He says the crowds love it just as much as they love ours.

We have experienced a lot of social problems with the car at shows.

The other people with cars just hate the car cause it draws such large crowds and everybody wants to hear it run. The exhaust sounds very cool on E85 but kinda gets into that Harley sound on gasoline.

So we have been threatened to be removed from several shows if we even touch the ignition switch.

Glad to answer any other questions anyone might have

Cob

Thanks for Adding some information to the thread Cob. Sorry to hear about you friend being lost to cancer. Did you ever get that OHC SBC that you were talking about a while back?

how is this done?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i am very interested in this set up, does any one have any info on how this this of set up was done, think i want to do this on the next project, carb on the exhaust and exhaust on the intake:confused:

It generally starts with bar talk, then goes on to a dare. At some point some one says, " I told you it would work"... High fives all around, and there you have it.

Cob does make it sound easy.

I didn't get that engine but I came across another one thats equally as far out.

How about a SBC that was converted to 2 cycle and I do mean with ports.

I have pictures and contact information for the owner. The guy that built it died before he ever got it running.

Why do all these talented risk taking people have to die ?

Have some more pictures of another engine designed by Parry Mack that was never run.

So many cool things that could still be done in hot rodding

Stuff mainstream folks never even dream about

I didn't get that engine but I came across another one thats equally as far out.

How about a SBC that was converted to 2 cycle and I do mean with ports.

I have pictures and contact information for the owner. The guy that built it died before he ever got it running.

Why do all these talented risk taking people have to die ?

Have some more pictures of another engine designed by Parry Mack that was never run.

So many cool things that could still be done in hot rodding

Stuff mainstream folks never even dream about

yeah i agree , there so much that is still to be done!
watch that deal on Ed Roth today kinda set a fire under me!
i want to do more!

sorry about your friend.

Them car shows that threatened...I'da started her up and left. They don't deserve inventive thinking.

Now wheres' the pics of this 2 cycle small block

2cycle

here it is Cob sent to me , !!

Attachments

• blower%202%20stroke[1].jpg
    blower%202%20stroke[1].jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 81
Thanks for the pic.

That's something else. No one has tried starting it right?

I'm just trying to imagine what it sounds like:confused:

"I'm just trying to imagine what it sounds like"

Makes me breathe hard just thinking about it. LOL

here it is Cob sent to me , !!

That is crazy lookin. Love to see how it works and hear it run. I'm glad you chimed in with info on this stuff Cob. I was at Mitchell car show and have to say that was one of the coolest things I've seen done to a SBC. Sorry to hear about your friend, its sad to see that kind of a creative mind taken from the automotive world.

I sent some really interesting pictures to Tex and I hope he gets time to put them up.

Never have understood why some pictures come up full screen and others have to be enlarged.

So you guys feel free to upgrade the visuals/links I send.

This is one of two SBC's welded together to be a twin SBC.

Its at the Speedway Museum in Lincoln Nebraska.

For a motor head this Museum is the top of the world.

As I understand it there is a car show in Lincoln every Memorial day and the Museum is open to the public.

Its a place every rodder should visit to get a grasp on the evolution of anything associated with the appreciation of the developement of high performance engines

Latest posts

Back