My 46 rod with the turboed ls

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotmud2178

I am in the middle of my first build.

46 Chevy cab
32 ford grill
46 Chevy bed with mods
built my frame 2x4 with full cage in the works
full float ford 9" 4.10 gears with coil overs and 4 bar
buggy spring with a 4 bar in the front
4.8 turbo intercooled with a carb and msd to control it
turbo 400 trans

Pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 117
Are you going to run it through a blow through carb? What size turbo are you running?

I built a 5.3L with a T72 .84a/r T4 flange turbo, stock except with a 04 Z06 cam and springs. Made 617hp. I like where you are headed with this...[P

yes should be around the 600 mark. I cant wait till its done. I just hope with 44" of tire on the back it hooks up.

What size turbo if I change and go with twins on the 4.8? I think I need two. It looks strange with only one and no fenders.

2 T62-1 (T3 flange)or T66 (T4 flange) and keep the A/R smaller. like in the .70 0r .68 range. That's if you you are running good parts in it and some methanol injection and really want to lean on it then you can go to a T70 T4 flange but be aware it is going to lag some then hit like a loaded freight train....Keep your rear gears low as well like in the 3.23 - 3.50 range. Turbos love to be loaded all the time. Deep gears will just kill the boost. It isn't just air flow that spools them. It is a combo of heat and air flow IE: energy. Basic thermal dynamics principals... [P

More pics
Im gonna dimple die the bed rails and build an aluminum cover for the bed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 42
That looks good! you are going to need alot more pics for this group, including me! Good job.

Latest posts

Back