Chevy disc on I beam

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

23crate

hi everyone..

local auction site has these .

can anyone ID as to what model Chevy they are off , and does that model do a 5 stud ?

interested to know if anyone has used this on their front ends..

Attachments

• chevy 6.jpg
    chevy 6.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 55
  • chevy 6 2.jpg
    chevy 6 2.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 48
Studying your pictures some more... I think the seller torched the ends off a late model (I still think Japanese) delivery truck/van axle and he's trying to flog this junk based on the bolt pattern. The wheel to fit this hub would need a LARGE pilot hole and considerable offset in my eye... consistent with a light commercial application, methinks...

P.S.: I'd call the seller's bluff and ask a few pointed questions!

P.S.S. : Disc brake conversions are readily available for Chevy beam axles, if that's what your looking for...

Last edited:
thanks guys !!..

Dr C now you point that out im seeing a light delivery truck as the donor.. going by the size of whats left of the I beam

I have a Magnum tube (4" drop).. really just thinking options (overthinking) as this came up maybe cheap.. thought it may work.. haven't got the axles etc sorted yet

we have a kinda rule book for builds . often mixing and matching front end stuff has a tendancy to cost in vigorous varied testing before its considered safe for road use.

by fitting a complete package reduces that cost....

Smallfoot ..thanks for the link.. a guy I was speaking with a the recent swapmeet here also recommended Speedway. so it think ill do shopping there for as much as I can .. that should work..

Thanks guys .. love coming here for advice !

anyone wants a read through our build book happy to email a copy .. is nearly 500 pages long ....

I highly doubt the kingpin size or inclination would be the same either.

Suspension & brakes is not a place to halfass it. Early Ford axles are pretty textbook, and the engineering is tried and true. Order quality parts that are designed to work with your application and save yourself a lot of headache...

Latest posts

Back