suicide perch

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patina

Hey guys new to the forum. I Am in the process of collecting parts to build something. I have a 52 merc m100 frame with all the drivetain and was thinking about using the i beam axle. Any one use a parrel leaf spring axle in there rod. I have only seen one. I wana keep the cost down as much as possible. If i could find the right axle local i would use it but till then i got to work with what i got.

Thanks Jason

Bump... I only seen one rod with a parrel leaf spring axle. Got to be more then one out there... looking for pictures and what not. A friend suggested that i could hide/cover the spring perches up with a set of bumpettes.
Would like to get some ideas before i start fabbbing up a frame

Jason

not really... i think i never made clear what i was trying to ask for.
I wana use the leaf spring style axle and use it on a suicide perch set up instead of using leafs. Im looking for how they joined the bat wings to the spring perchs. I lost the pics i had of the one i seen.

Sry for the mix up
Jason

Like this. we make these brackets.
GMCtruckfrontend-1.jpg

RPM,
Looked for these brackets on your website and ebay store. What am I doing wrong?

If you're building a whole car then you could be making this sort of bracket yourself, to suit whatever spring width or axle you have at home.

But, at $60 it is hardly worth the effort if those in the pic will fit your set-up.

Sometimes it is just more sensible to buy stuff in. [cl

these i made myself this axle is out of a 48-52 ford f-1

Attachments

• DSC_0004 (3).jpg
    DSC_0004 (3).jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 87

Latest posts

Back