What size 4 link bars you using?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually make my own with 1 1/2" tubing and using 70's Chev pickup spring bushings (poly) but I just bought a kit from ebay from SwitchSuspension that is basically the same as what I was making, including a Panhard bar. Heims are commonly used but transmit noise and are mostly without any method to lube them other than squirting oil on them periodically. Poly bushings have some give and if you use the proper lube, they are quieter, larger ones are better for durabilty. I personally think 1" bars look a little spindly but are used a lot, depends on how much power and traction you plan to apply. Another consideration for me is the fact that heim joints will not pass our govt. approved safety inspection. Here's a pic of one of my home made triangulated 4 links....

Attachments

• dec 5 09 rat 55 010.jpg
    dec 5 09 rat 55 010.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 29
Nice frame zz. Thanks for that info....I'll go with 1.5 and the polys. You don't happen to have that sellers ID number do you? I did a search by name and couldn't come up with anything. I was going to do Paralell.....Is triangular better?

Latest posts

Back