TBT... Throwback Thursday!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My late 1931 Model A pick up. 265 sbc/ 1939 Ford floor shift/ 1948 rear end. 1961
Built with a hack saw, a 1/4" drill motor and a 125 amp stick welder.

Attachments

• IMG_1305.JPG
    IMG_1305.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
I came across this photo while digging through a box today. It's the first car I remember that my parents owned. Circa 1963 my parents were 26 and I was 4. My fondest memory is of me sitting in my Moms lap holding the steering wheel while driving home from pre-school. My Dad bragged for years how he bought it for 100 bucks drove it for 3 years and sold it for 200 in 1966.
IMG_0345.JPG

Gene's life line scaned pictures.jpg
This is the oldest picture I can do with a car in it.
That would be me sitting on the table on my 1st birthday. My one year (and 4 days) older older sister is standing next to the table. Sept 1957. The picture was probably taken at my aunt's (or maybe my great grand parent's) farm. Don't remember much about it.
Gene's life line scaned pictures 001.jpg
This one is me waxing the first car with my name on the title. This one is about 1974, the year I graduated from High School.
That 69 Buick was a pile of junk! I owned it for a year and drove it about 10,000 miles. During my ownership I installed 2 motors (3 weeks apart), 3 sets of rear wheel bearings (I believe the rear axle was bent), and 6 new tires (they didn't like 100 mph 40 mile trips)! When I traded it in, it needed another motor, the transmission was slipping, and the posy was no longer a posy. The big Buick had a 350 2bbl, a 2 speed auto trans, and 308 posy. A performance car it was not, and stand up to this lead footed teenager it didn't do well either. It looked great though.

Latest posts

Back