Vintage Torque Fest, Farley IA

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's going to be 1 hell of a great show. John that is putting it on keeps getting more and more customs showing up including the Asphalt Angel that RatFink built. Dice magazine will be set up and sponsoring the motorcycle section. Laps on the dirt track. This should be the biggest show of the year if the weather cooperates. Click on the link below in my signature. I am in noway connected to the show just trying to help him promote it as its for a good cause. And YES the Oliver crew will be there in full force!!

I'm planning to be there! I'd like to have the Olds on the road by then just to drive up in, but I'll probably just take the 2002 and the family.

Then it's the Rust Revival May 21-22, and there are supposed to be some shows put on by the Flying Eyeballs Motor Club this year too, but I can't find any info....

Should be a great time!! Everytime I turn around it seems as though he has another famous car or something major added to the show. And everything is going to a great cause anyways. With all the talk about this at shows and on other boards it should be a great turnout and a great weekend.

I copied this from another site that John has posted on and thought some of you might like to so the latest on this show--------

Just wanted to get everyone up to speed on what has been going on with us these past few weeks.

The big news is that Dennis Gage will be supporting the Vintage Torque Fest. He feels this is a unique
event that deserves his support. We thank him for getting behind the cause. Now we need YOU!
If you don't show up - then he does not get to get any good footage for the show. And you may miss your
15 minutes of fame. So get the winter projects done a couple weeks early because April 30 will be here
really quick.

The show is officially not set to start until May 1. But there have been SO many people stating they are
coming in on Friday for the cruise and pre party.....we might as well start calling this a 2 day show.
The My Classis Car crew may wind up wanting to ride with YOU on Friday night as we cruise on over to
the Field of Dreams.......ya just never know.

All cars in the area are welcome to come out for the cruise.
Muscle cars, stockers, cruisers, and bruisers - come on over to the Speedway at 5 PM on Friday night.
After the cruise - we will meet back at the Speedway to watch the Afterdarks play for FREE at 9pm.
Then Saturday morning - the real fun begins...........
for that - see the site www.vintagetorquefest.com
The show on Saturday is a all traditional hot rod show - if you are not familiar with this - please see the site.
Thanks for everyone's support.
This show is going to be a success because of people like YOU helping out.

Los Punk Rods from Kansas City, The Cheaters from Milwaukee, and the Chrome Czars out of the Chicago area
all have helped out in so many ways that I can not begin to thank them enough.

And it should also be noted that Scary Larry from the Jalopy Showdown is to receive a big huge thank you
as well. He never got annoyed when I was pestering him with all the questions about getting the show started
way back in the summer of '09. So thanks Larry - I will see you at the Jalopy Showdown again this year!
And all you East Coast people that tell me you wish there was something cool like the Hunnert Car Pile Up
on the East Coast..........there is............www.jalopyshowdown.com

OK - last thing. Keven Carter from www.car-n-art.com has totally helped shape this show. I have asked
him a lot of questions over the past few months and he has not been afraid to tell me what is lame and what
is cool. All you people that say - "hey cool art work for the show" I can't take ANY credit for it......
it is all Keven - he is a great guy and very professional - if you need graphic work done at a reasonable
price - contact him.

I hope to see you all on April 30 or before.....I will be at the World of Wheels in Minneapolis/St Paul,
Chicago, Omaha, Des Moines, as well as Lonestar Round Up and other local shows trying to get the word out
about Vintage Torque Fest.

If you know anyone that would want to help promote the show - please email me at [email protected]

I was supposed to be there 4 hours ago. My dog twisted is back and damaged a disk the other day. He had to be kept under control and should be good as of tonight. Sucks for I was going to camp both Friday and Saturday. Leaving at 4 am tomorrow and will most likely will have to head home tomorrow night. Sucks but at least can enjoy part of the weekend.

BSW

Hopefully be there by 10 am Sat. with camera in hand. I'll be the gray hair guy in a T-shirt, jeans, and boots. Don't be afraid to stop me and say hi! :p

I think I'll stop at each car and say "I (my friend, Dad, brother, etc.) used to have a car just like it, but mine (his) was yellow" and then go on to mention that it was a 82 Granada, VW, Citation, etc... :D

Latest posts

Back