Daytona Turkey Rod Run

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My two Sons and I will be there. Can't wait, we really need this weekend away! [cl Looking forward to running into you and your Family, Bill, and any of our other members who are going.

If you have never been to TR, you have no idea what you are missing........it just gets no better than this one. :)

Don

You're always right there in our hearts, Bob. :D

Bill, we are taking a motor home this year and staying at that rv park west on 92 a couple miles out of town. We will probably catch up with you guys at the East end of the track at that nighttime event. We are leaving early (well, early IS the plan, but when you are dealing with Dan and Don it all depends on how fast I can get them moving :rolleyes:) Thursday morning and should be settled in around 5 PM or so.

I was worried that coming back to the rv park late at night with open headers might PO some of the neighbors, but the guy at the rv park says 100 other Turkey Run guys are staying there too, so we should be ok.

4 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [cl

Don

I just pulled up the 10 day forecast for Daytona's weather over Thanksgiving. Looks like it will be ok during the day, but dipping into the high 40's at night! :eek: Strange, about 10-15 degrees colder than what they are forecasting for nighttime temps down here.:confused:

Glad my 27 runs a little on the warm side, it will throw off a little heat hopefully. :D

Don

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/32118

I put some new seatsd in my car this weekend and cleaned most of the dirt off of it. We are ready to go. I've already started packing.

Cadman and 48fordnut I hope to run into you at the show. Post a photo of your cars if you can so I can spot you.

Don, show these seats to Dan if you get a chance. They are nicer than my old seats but I may clean the green paint off of them.

E-man, I should be bringing back hundreds of photos to share. If anybody has photo requests of particular makes, let me know. There are too many cars to get everything.

Cadman and 48fordnut I hope to run into you at the show. Post a photo of your cars if you can so I can spot you.

Aaahhh... The best-laid plans of mice and men.... I am going to drive "Frances" My old beat up work truck down on Friday.

frances1.JPG

On Saturday my wife Kelly wants to go again this year so we will take "Callie" our little 1922 Dodge.

RatRod.jpg

I will be easy to find as I will put my cell phone number on the car.
I may park in the club parking up near the DJ (Staff Pass)

I will be looking for you and Don ...your cars are not tooooo.. hard to miss.. I have taken their pictures before I want to make sure I get a picture of your new seats.

Scott (AKA: Cadman)

Okay Cadman. I can easily spot both of those vehicles :D. I usually park over near the consessions in the area east of the tunnel near the tractors and such.

Bill, love the new seats, but thought the old ones were cool too. What are the new ones out of?

Last night Dan , Don, and I went to the shop to do some final tweaking to our cars. I had uncorked my headers to see if it made any difference in the way it runs...........IT DOES! :eek: I took Don for a ride, then Dan, and tried to keep it straight, but even high gear is squirrelly when my foot is deep in the firewall........I LOVE IT!!:D As we were coming back Dan and I thought it was starting to rain, but we found out I had somehow blown my water pump. It's about 6 months old and has low miles on it, but the back blew out.

I called Summit (it's a Ford Racing water pump) and ordered a new one to be air freighted in. Should have it Wednesday morning to install in time to drive to Daytona Thursday. Glad it happened on Monday and at home, gave me time to fix the problem. Isn't hot rodding FUN??????? :rolleyes:

Don

gas ,uhh,I think I spoke too soon. The wife has gotten some bad vibes about the bed bugs, so we won't be going. I will be working on the a roadster. Maybe next yr.

Don I got the new seats in a three way parts trade. I think they are more sturdy and a bit more realistic in construction than my other seats. I just have some interior coordinating to do. I hope you get that water pump situation squared away. I'm going to change my ignition coil tomorrow but that should only take about five minutes. As usual, we'll have a lot of tools, tape, string, and bubble gum with us so if anybody needs a repair, check in with us.

48fordnut, sorry to hear it. Those bed bugs are small and don't eat much. Maybe next year.

gas ,uhh,I think I spoke too soon. The wife has gotten some bad vibes about the bed bugs, so we won't be going. I will be working on the a roadster. Maybe next yr.

What the h*** is going on with bedbugs? Never even thought about them until a couple of years ago, now that is all you hear. There was a show on the radio one day about them, and I was itching so bad that I had to turn it off! :eek: Have we as a society gotten that dirty? :confused: They had to temporarily close and fumigate our local library because of infestation.

Don

New water pump came in today, got it on, no leaks. :D Motorhome is loaded with beer, food, beer, ice, beer, snacks, beer......... :D We plan on heading out tomorrow early, me driving my 27 and Don towing his T behind the motorhome. It will be interesting to see how those 4:30 gears are on the Interstate. :eek: I know from driving it around so far it LIKES HIGH TEST A LOT!!!!! :eek:

5-4-3-2..............................................:D

Don

5-4-3-2..............................................:D

Don

..............................1-0-lift off!

We are packed and ready to roll. All three cars seem to be in working order. We are leaving in the morning. I'll try to report in from the show. I checked the weather and this looks like it will be the warmest show weekend I can remember. Supposed to be around 80 all weekend.

Latest posts

Back