Proud owner of a '52 Hemi 331, Trans questions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a 291 DeSoto hemi that my Son Don will be using for something some day, and he will be going to a Chevy water pump too. The original DeSotos are almost impossible to find, plus the Chevy works so well.

Don

Thanks for all the great info, I did have a lot of those sites in my list. But yes, I think it may be cheaper to just get what I actually need, once I assess the needs of the motor. If I can get away with not doing a full rebuild right now, all the better... Heads are getting redone for certain.

I did call Hot Hemi Heads, as I did have some questions about their parts. It sounds like all the cams available are the short snout cam, but it does not mean you have to use the water pump conversion. Just a different set of timing chain and gears. Some of the look I want is keeping some of the motor stock, so I may just go with the stock water pump and use a mechanical fuel pump.

Also, the other issue is the 331 heads do not have water ports in the front face of the head, and it used water neck in the intake manifold, and I believe an in and and out next to the intake ports on each head. This is something I need to sort out once I decide on an intake manifold.

I did decide on a T-5. But I have not had much time to work on the motor other than to take off the intake manifold. I'll post more pics of the truck tonight.

Latest posts

Back