forward pattern transbrake?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiki

Does this setup exit? TH350/400 forward pattern with transbrake and engine braking?

Could use any info on trannys since im new to all this and dont have any practical experience on this subject.

I have a 350TH with a trans brake. It is a reverse pattern. I think they all are reverse patterns with transbrakes. I imagine you know that a transbrake is used for very aggressive launches on the drag strip. There is no use for them on the street. In fact, I've never used my on the drag strip yet, but will next season.

I know whats TB used for. But does that reverse pattern have a engine braking so it can be used on street daily? I dont know where but i read somewhere that reverse patterns dont have engine braking and cant be driven on street because engines just spin when you brake and slow down or something like that...i think it was hotrod.com

fiki, please don't think I was indicating you didn't know what a TB was for. I just didn't understand the engine braking element of your question. My 350TH and Powerglide I used, which is now waiting for another project both are reverse pattern and both have engine braking when letting off the gas. In fact, at the drag strip I don't hardly have to use the brakes because it slows down enough for me to make the turn off. There might be some reverse pattern, TB setups that don't have engine braking. I am not an expert. I just happen to have a couple transmissions with Trans Brakes.

dont worry, didn't think You ment it that way;)

Tnx for explaining it. I thought that all reverse patterns dont have engine braking. Dont know why that stayed in my mind, usually i remember it right:D

Can You or someone else explain the difference betwen for an rev pattern?
What can You do with one and cant with other and similar differences...tnx!

Latest posts

Back