1939 Hudson coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumpertrev

Hey guys, been awhile. Had a few classics since I built the REO but, nothing beats driving what you build. This is gonna be a slow build as time is sparce these days. Got the car built poorly as a gasser. been collecting parts since last fall. The fenders on this car weighed about 100 pounds each. 3 layers of patches on the rears and someone tried to put PT Cruiser headlights on it at some point. So, I am going to try and build a fenderless rat that wont look an old dirt tracker. Heres a few pics how I got it.

Hudsons rock...

My dad had them and his dad had them....my dad was partial to the Terraplane line of the Hudson line of cars...he had a 1937 Terraplane coupe pickup for years...

It looks awesome from here.

thanks for posting...

Mikec

I'd also like to see you keep the fenders. Patchwork or no patchwork, 10 pounds or 300 pounds, the car needs its fenders... otherwise, you'll have the dirt track look you're trying to avoid...

These are what factory fenders look like. I dug through over 1/2 inch of bondo just to see how they worked it. If I could find fenders that were saveable then they would stay. But,they just dont exist in my tax bracket. Thanks for all the welcome backs!!

New heads came in. Looking for a better intake. Motor is not your typical belly button power. Will post more as I start to build it. Any quesses? One hint, first generation of this engine started in 1964. Also not a Chevy.

Oh boy, I get to vote twice here.
First of all I vote for you keeping your fenders. Yours look better than the stock ones, slightly bobbed like that. I realize that means more work for you though. We all have to make sacrifices to the COOL god, now and again.
Second vote is, the power plant could be a small block Windsor Ford, or an LA Chrysler.
Lovely car.

Latest posts

Back