lets see the rods with toyota frames under them

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to chime in here, i don't mind the look of ifs on a fenderless car if it is moved ahead of the engine and radiator just like a straight axle. Some look better than others of course. Absolute train wreck if the engine is in the stock location above the ifs and the radiator and shell are hanging out ahead of the tires.

Just to chime in here, i don't mind the look of ifs on a fenderless car if it is moved ahead of the engine and radiator just like a straight axle. Some look better than others of course. Absolute train wreck if the engine is in the stock location above the ifs and the radiator and shell are hanging out ahead of the tires.

Yep, I agree!

Yeah-IFS is OK if positioned 'correctly'. I've built 3-4 that way. It would help if the ugly stamped upper A frame was replaced with a tube one. About $50 each. I always intended to do that (but never did).

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 3
  • s-l16001.jpg
    s-l16001.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 3
An example of a D50 frame with all the brackets an such still attached. Its a lot of work to just get the body off and then cut the unwanted stuff off and grind and patch. But--they are strong and I think they look better than most 2x3 tubing frames.

Attachments

• work%20250.jpg
    work%20250.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 31
Found an example I did with IFS on an import frame. Might be my first. Its still around and maybe I'll contact the owner and suggest the tubular upper upgrade. Fun, almost 'no dollar' build. I got the 250 chevy six and the frame for $ by the pound, and the glass body and Tractor grill for $200. Fun hobby project, and due to a real deep rear gear, real hard to beat off the line.

Attachments

• cars 079 (2).jpg
    cars 079 (2).jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 24
Another example of an import minitruck frame.90s Nissan hardbody I got as a freebe. The rear kickup is tweeked, but the torsion bars are good, might use them on some project someday.

Attachments

• 100_1141.jpg
    100_1141.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 100_1142.jpg
    100_1142.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back